Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

The Game Changers

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Its a documentary on Netflix about eating a plant based diet. Very interesting! From the benefits it provides as far as health and recovery from training it provides to the damage raising live stock causes to the earth and the cost as far as water, feed, etc. etc.. I am def. going to do some research and give it a try.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think you should try it. What it did for me was realizing I like raw food, but I also like meat as well.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Bogus ass film

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
Go Carnivore. Look into Dr Paul Saladino, and Shawn Baker’s educating about it on social media — IG and YouTube. Each have a very good book on it as well.
A LOT of problems with plant based.

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
I eat grass fed beef./ drink grass fed milk...does that count?

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
A couple good vids of Gundry (plant based) and Saladino (carnivore):

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Humans have been eating meat for over 2 million years. If you think you're smarter than natural selection, by all means go for it.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
2 years ago they had my son's class watch this show. My son told me about it and we sat down together and watched it on NetFlix, twice. The first time, we just watched it with nothing said. The second time around, we paused and talked about each topic. My son actually took some notes to ask the teacher the next day. Yeah, the teacher is a vegetarian. According to the teacher, it was just to show the students a different perspective; the standard canned answer when the school is questioned about it's teachings.

The proof is in the pudding.

That summer the family was invited to picnic and I had the pleasure of meeting this teacher. Now that was no place to bring up the topic but I did get a good look at this dude and yeah, he got a good look at me. If that life style is good for your health, you couldn't tell by looking at this dude. As for being an athlete , not even close.

Maybe that lifestyle is more healthy but it's no way to live.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Good info. men! I knew there would be another side to the story although they did 'seem' to make some good points. I have tried grass fed beef, which I think tastes like crap, but have never tried plant based meat. I wonder if Arnold really does follow a plant based diet. If he does it doesn't seem to be working so well for him, I know he is in his 70's but he doesn't seem to be aging so well. I've been eating meat, eggs, and lots of dairy my entire life. I drink more milk, skim, than most men my age. I bet I drink a gallon every 2-3 days, love the stuff. Ameen Alai did a youtube video on almond milk. He showed how the almond milk from the local stores spoils quickly and the almonds bought in the US to make your own does the same thing. I can't remember which country he was getting them from but they were less expensive and lasted about month before going bad.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
a person can eat a carnivore diet and be much healthier than a vegetarian but one important piece of this puzzle is to eat grass fed beef, free range chickens / eggs etc. If you buy reg old supermarket meats they are all raised being fed corn and grains. Corn is a useless feed for humans and animals. These feeds raise the levels of omega 6 and 9 fats in the meat. Grass fed contains high levels of omega 3 and the meat is far more nutritious. Its also beneficial to include organ meats as well, heart, liver, kidneys.

Dr Terry Wahls has done some interesting things on a high vegetable diet but her diet also includes ample amounts of meat and fish but excludes dairy, grains, legumes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic