Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Testosterone Test Results?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
as for the AI's and SERMS... They will not show up on drug tests... only on hormone panles... and those are too costly for employers to worry about. be smart and take the ancillaries you need.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
It seems a little too much testosterone is converting to estrogen. It would look better if your free were higher with your total the same. Could explain your gyno.

If the new results look the same and Similar. I'll bring it up.

as for the AI's and SERMS... They will not show up on drug tests... only on hormone panles... and those are too costly for employers to worry about. be smart and take the ancillaries you need.

I didn't think they did. But if the question every came up. They have deep pockets to have it done if they wanted to.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Heard back from the Doc today. Set my new appointment up or Friday. I heard this info through the Secretary....

Test Levels were in the 350 Range which he noted normal... :(

Thyroid was border line.

That's all she said he noted... Hopefully he doesn't think 350 is Normal. I was in the Mid 500's.. I've dropped 200 in the last few years...

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I was at 270 and my newest endo said it was normal. You will have to go to an anti aging doc if he doesn't budge.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Well he didn't do crap and said my 40% decline in test was normal. My Blood Pressure was 160/110 and he also said that was normal.. Oh and my Blood sugar keeps dropping on me down in the 50's. Where I get cold sweet and feel sick... He said that was normal as well...

More later,

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
bp of 160/110 is NOT considered normal. It's considered on the high side. Test level of 350 is like a 50 to 60 yo. How old are you? If you are near 40, you might want to consider TRT if your levels stay near the bottom like it is now.

Did you ever get e2 checked? High e2 can inhibit test production as well because it inteferes with the feedback.

Last edited:
Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
bp of 160/110 is NOT considered normal. It's considered on the high side. Test level of 350 is like a 50 to 60 yo. How old are you? If you are near 40, you might want to consider TRT if your levels stay near the bottom like it is now.

Did you ever get e2 checked? High e2 can inhibit test production as well because it inteferes with the feedback.

T4 = 1.24gn/dL
TSH = 3.99 uIU/mL
Creatinine = 1.34
Prolactin = 11.0 gn/dL
FSH = 3.0 m1U/ML
LH = 2.9 m1U/ML
Hgb = 17.3 g/dL
Total T = 350 ng/ml

Word for Word of what he kept saying... For some reason he kept bringing up my marriage.

"You little fine".

"By looking at your Biceps and triceps. You can lift me"

"Blood Sugar in the 50's is normal for"

"How's you marriage? That could be your Cause of ED."

"Marriage Consoling can cause your issues"

"How long have you been Married? (Me: 7yrs) Are you sure your marriage is fine? You've heard of the 7yr itch."

--------------He wouldn't drop the Marriage thing..

I asked him, Why I have dropped 40% on my Test since my last one? Why is it declining & how can we fix this?

"Your level is fine. I'm at 400 myself. So your levels are good.

I asked what he was before. He said, " I don't know. I never took them before"

So he tested himself just to compare to me? Ya right...

I gave him a list of my problems..

-High Blood Pressure... Which they saw first hand
-Low Sex Drive
-ED
-Low Blood Sugar at odd times
-Stressed out more
-Gym Progress Declining
-40% Drop in test since last Blood Test
-Poor Sleep
-No Morning Wood ever.. Can't remember that last one
-Gyno come and goes (3 times, Cut out twice.)

And here is what he said about all that.

"Testosterone treatment would only Mask the problems"

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
My first doctor I went to regarding my low test also said my 20 year marriage would do this. He also said he had same test levels as I did and was fine. They must have gone to the same workshop regarding how to deal with low test patients. Strange indeed.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
He may feel that you have dabbled in gear in the past and doesnt want to be involved by treating you with hormone therapy. You need to find a sympathetic doc be it a fellow lifter who empathizes with you or one who generally wants to keep you healthy. I dont know anyone that would consider your BP normal. Sometimes being too knowledgable leads to suspicion, I play dumb with all health professionals and keep the majority of my opinions to myself, if I dont agree with their point of view then its time to move on, they are working for me and I have the right to fire them at anytime.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Thanks guys. That is what were doing. My Wife is going to go with me next time... My wife is just as mad as I am. She wanted to call and file a complaint on him. We are going to talk to our GP and see who else we can go to.

Last thing he said, in the hallway on the way out.

"Sorry you just paid me to not fix you."

I'm sure he is...

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I would be livid ! Does your insurance cover anti aging and hormonal clinics?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's amazing just how little most doctors know with respect to the endocrine system. I think you did a good job explaining your symptoms, and for him to ask you about your marriage is just silly. He should be thankful your wife wasn't there, he probably would not have dared say that. She would have pile drived his sorry ass, LOL.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic