Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Testosterone absorption better in hip or thigh?

cahemdue

cahemdue

Sep 17, 2010
My Doctor is under the assumption that I'm not getting proper absorption of the testosterone when I inject into the thigh. So he has instructed me to begin injecting the shot in my hip. Has anybody else ever had a testosterone absorption problem?

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
How deep are u pinning? My local doc office and they were informed by some endos they needed to start using a longer needle so everyone switched to a 1.5-2" needle....

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I use 22g 1 1/2 inch for my glute injections and I am more than fine. I have also had good results with 23g 1" needles in the same area.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
I have always used 1" for glutes as small as 25ga without any issues. Same for quads (or "thighs" as you refer to them) and ventro glutes ("hip"). You will get better absorption in bigger muscle groups (glutes, quads, lats) than smaller (delts, biceps, etc) but I'm not so sure about the size or length having that much of an effect on absorption. Of course I'm not a Dr either so I can only speak from my experience

T

TaiChiChuan

Oct 25, 2012
Hamstrings only now. Glutes shot a real pain in the ass. Quad shots! Hit a nerve. Shoulder shot. I had to lay down all day long on the other shoulder. Biceps shot? ER!!! Calf shots? Crutches.

G

Gnomebe

Jul 6, 2015
Why not sub Q. Easy with a 27g needle.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
For IM, all the medical research indicates that glutes, thighs/quads are the two best places to inject, especially larger volumes, but delts are also very good for smaller volumes. The larger the muscle, the longer the needle. It can range from a recommended 1.5-3 inches!! For a larger person, a 2+ inch needle is not uncommon.

As weight lifters, we tend to stay away from needles larger than 1.5 because they look scary. xD

Always try to use the smallest gauge needle possible to decrease scar tissue though. I use 23g because some oils I use are very thick. I like the high mg/ml stuff for less injections.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
This Dr thinking absoption is better in another area scares me,but what would I know any way??/// I hear the ear lobes and the palm of your hand are great injection sites

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I pin 25 5/8 in the shoulder 23 1/ in the glutes same with thighs once ur injected in the muscle it's done never heard of one muscle obsorbing better than the other u can get a slight inflammation in the delts if ur pinning a lot of gear but a day or two it's gone does ur doc have evidence to back up his theory

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
This Dr thinking absoption is better in another area scares me,but what would I know any way??/// I hear the ear lobes and the palm of your hand are great injection sites
dont forget that strip from your balls to your asshole..great spot to pin

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic