Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

tennis elbow or strain from gripping too hard?

ziplocc

ziplocc

Apr 14, 2013
I have a doctors appointment on the 8th but hes just a general doctor so I'm going to try and get a referral to a sports doc. Anyway for the past month ive started to develop this sharp pain that goes directly up the middle of my right forearm after doing certain lifts like bent over rows, pullups, chinups and its completely stopped my ability to do upright rows. The pain is too much on those. After it flares up it hurts for the duration of the day. It hurts to make a fist. I dont really have any pain in my elbow tho which lead me to believe maybe its from gripping the bar too tight after reading the sticky here on tennis elbow. I take NSAIDs an ice it after work out but its not doing much in terms of reversing the progression of it. Im trying to avoid a layoff at all costs. Anybody ever get this? Have tips?

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
I have a doctors appointment on the 8th but hes just a general doctor so I'm going to try and get a referral to a sports doc. Anyway for the past month ive started to develop this sharp pain that goes directly up the middle of my right forearm after doing certain lifts like bent over rows, pullups, chinups and its completely stopped my ability to do upright rows. The pain is too much on those. After it flares up it hurts for the duration of the day. It hurts to make a fist. I dont really have any pain in my elbow tho which lead me to believe maybe its from gripping the bar too tight after reading the sticky here on tennis elbow. I take NSAIDs an ice it after work out but its not doing much in terms of reversing the progression of it. Im trying to avoid a layoff at all costs. Anybody ever get this? Have tips?

I had that... Except I also felt pain in my elbow... It heals on its own and can take a while... Take anti inflammatory like Advil... Limit the use and rest it lots. It could take you a few weeks or even a year to heal.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I am suffering big time, can't do pull ups at all. I just ordered some fat grips and hand bands at advice of others.

ziplocc

ziplocc

Apr 14, 2013
Man you have it bad. Im scared mine will get to that point. So you have the same forearm pain?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Probably the same, pull-ups and curls are the worst, but almost all upper body stuff is difficult. I've taken it down to the minimum for now. But doing some light db curls with hammer or goblet grip and band push downs.

ziplocc

ziplocc

Apr 14, 2013
Jesus yours sounds way worse. Do you have it in both arms?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Yep, but right is way worse than left.

ziplocc

ziplocc

Apr 14, 2013
Did it get that bad from ignoring it? Because no offense I dont wanna end up like you and would rather take a break than be forced to break

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
More or less, it got progressively worse over time and is getting better with rest.

DobieQueen

DobieQueen

TID Lady Member
Dec 12, 2013
Rest it... Take something for inflammation and give it time

H

Hillman1977

Oct 16, 2013
I've had tennis elbow on both elbows it on the outside it took around 4-6 months for both to go but it can be aided with tennis elbow braces which actively aid in the recovery of the tendon! I've now just got golfers elbow which is on the inside which is a total bummer!! I just got 1 straight year training injury free an now am off for another 4 months on certain body parts ie arms-back. My advice is never train anything that makes it hurt it WILL GET WORSE!! Stay off that part until you feel it's healed an then give it another week. Always seek a professional opinion as injections can also help aswell as physio!! Good luck!!

ziplocc

ziplocc

Apr 14, 2013
Thanks guys. I did shoulders today and I got brief pain bringing the barbell up to military press start position and also doing lateral raises aggravated it too. Probably just focus on deads an squats for a couple weeks and keep taking anti inflammatory meds. Frustrated. Im literally right in the middle of a bulk cycle.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic