Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Teen, low testosterone [bloodwork pics]

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
You are in a tough situation. Your test is low for a kid your age. But its within range. Nobody really can say what a 17 year olds test level should be. Everyone is different. No endo is going to treat you. Hell most endo's don't want to treat a 45 year old with test BELOW the range.

A TRT clinic would be your best bet at hormone optimization.

Don't u think at his age they will just try to give him clomid to try to bring it back up

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
Absolutely none.

Only things ever used are;
-multi
-whey
-fish oil

Ok another thing is growing up did you ever experience any trama to ur nuts. Not trying to be nasty but I have read trama can affect the test levels.

L

legitbru

Dec 30, 2013
So basically my TSH rised to 7.8, and I want to cover EVERYTHING in my next blood test.

Note that I am trying to cover EVERYTHING, so please let me know if I missed ANYTHING of value;

Recommended lab work:
* Chemistry Panel (Metabolic panel with lipids)
* Complete Blood Count (CBC)
* Free Testosterone
* Total Testosterone
* DHEA-S - Sulfate (low DHEA = increased risk of cardio complications + DHEA converts to T)
* Estradiol
* Estrone, Serum
* Homocysteine
* C-reactive protein (High sensitivity) - (high = cardio risk)
*Aldosterone
*DHT (Dihydrotestosterone)
+ SHBG
+ Progesterone
+ Prolactin

Thyroid Labs:
* TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone)
+ Total T4
+ Free T4
+ Total T3
+ Free T3
+ Reverse T3 (excess T4 converts to RT3. High RT3 blocks free T3 - so your TSH and T3 numbers could look great, but are blocked by RT3).
+ T3 Uptake
+ Thyroglobulin Antibodies
+ Thyroid Peroxidase

Continued:
+ Cortisol
+ LH
+ FSH
+ IGF-1 (Insulin-Like Growth Factor)
+ Pregnenolone (precursor of Cortisol, DHEA, and Progesterone + Preg resolves brain fog and improved memory)
+ VITAMIN A, E, B3, B12
+ Vitamin D, 25-OH Total
+ Vitamin D, 25-OH D3
+ Cholesterol, Total

+ Ferritin
+ Iron, Total Binding Capacity
+ Iron, Binding Capacity
+ Iron, % Saturation
+ Magnesium
+ Copper, serum
+ Zinc

K

KyleB

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2012
A million variables can account for the symptoms you described. What made you think the lower(but in range) test levels could be your problem? Was it something you read on the internet?

Only a quack would treat you. Your in range. What if you never read your test level as lower(in range)? What if you get it checked again and it's higher(but in range)? Do you have a problem getting a boner? I got my levels tested when I was younger and they were lower(but in range), but honestly I didn't care, I still got boners, still kept my lady happy sex wise, and such.

Honestly it looks like your trying to get test without any reasoning. You have proof you in range. I'm shocked no one has asked what your physical activity level is, what does your diet consist of, family history etc.?

L

legitbru

Dec 30, 2013
A million variables can account for the symptoms you described. What made you think the lower(but in range) test levels could be your problem? Was it something you read on the internet?

Only a quack would treat you. Your in range. What if you never read your test level as lower(in range)? What if you get it checked again and it's higher(but in range)? Do you have a problem getting a boner? I got my levels tested when I was younger and they were lower(but in range), but honestly I didn't care, I still got boners, still kept my lady happy sex wise, and such.

Honestly it looks like your trying to get test without any reasoning. You have proof you in range. I'm shocked no one has asked what your physical activity level is, what does your diet consist of, family history etc.?
In 4 months, I will no longer be in range. 288 ng/dl will be considered low on 348-1200 which is what my doctor will switch to when I'm 18.

No, I don't get erections, non existent libido.

Getting a test without reasoning? It's basically for two reasons;
1. I've never had a full blood test in my life, my first time ever getting blood drawn was when I made this thread
2. My TSH isn't in range, my FSH isn't in range.

My diet is rich in fresh vegetables, fish, fats in the form of whole eggs, peanut butter, nuts, oils and lots of oats.

Family history of thyroid issues (My mom's mother had her thyroid removed, my dad's mother has hypothyroidism).

I was lifting regularly and went from 6'4" 138lbs to 6'4" 165lbs until I collapsed a lung (spontaneous pneumothorax) which caused me to take a break from lifting.

I suppose I'll run over my symptoms again as I was definitely being very vague;

-Basically I get an erection probably once or twice a week give or take, occasionally in the morning when I need to piss. Libido is non existent except perhaps every 15-20 days where I actually feel like I need to masturbate. If I do, it'll be another month before I have that urge again.

-Brain fog out the ass, can not even remember simple orders where I work.

-Poor circulation to hands, knees, and my legs in general. Feet and hands always freezing and ice cube like.

-0 motivation to do anything, I always get this "fatigue" 3 hours or so after waking that is odd.. It doesn't allow me to sleep but it feels like I need to as it doesn't allow me to do anything.

-Weak muscles, probably due to being right on the low end of free and total testosterone for an adult male but who knows.

-Very slow digestive system, go to bed bloated as **** regardless of what I eat, the only cure is sleep.

Classic signs of hypothyroidism, yet my doctor said there is nothing she could do until my TSH rises over 10.
(she never even tested FT3, RT3 - only FT4 and TSH).

First test results;
Please copy and paste these into your web browser to view them;

i.imgur.com/tOsGI31.jpg
i.imgur.com/CJhyCm7.jpg
i.imgur.com/jYtw9rv.jpg
Would like to add that I've gotten my vitamin D up to 80 ng/dl (ref range 30-100) which I'm happy with.

TSH:
i.imgur.com/aeZKcio.png

FSH:
i.imgur.com/KMGA48E.png

Luteinizing Hormone:
i.imgur.com/rUONYDZ.png

Second total testosterone check (lowest)
i.imgur.com/gO0SZye.png

Most recent testosterone panel:
i.imgur.com/evKVW1f.png

My doctor is very nice and will probably test for everything I ask for, I really need to figure out the problem, which is why I made this thread. Sorry it was a wall of text.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I'd really get 2nd opinion see an endocrinologist . Could be many things . Usually morning boners indicate not test issue. Although still not 100% reliable , just to me teenagers have no business using gear, they need to learn about everything else first. Your age should be peak if test production

L

legitbru

Dec 30, 2013
Your age should be peak if test production
That's what I don't understand. Why is my test that of a 90 year old man? I've been doing this;
artofmanliness.com/2013/01/18/how-to-increase-testosterone-naturally

For the past 6 months, lots of eggs and bacon, [was] lifting heavy. It's a lifestyle change, which I have been doing.
It makes me wonder if I have an underlying condition is all.

Would like to mention that an endocrinologist said my TSH of 7.8 is fine, testosterone of 288 was fine (granted it was in the reference range for Tanner's stage 5) but still, TSH of 7.88 and nothing being done when I have every symptom and it makes my life horrible daily.

She examined my testicles and said they are that of an adult male, so why the hell she thinks I'm in Tanner Stage 4-5 is odd though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic