Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

T3: A Wider Use

B

Brian C

Sep 19, 2010
Before we start getting into actual use I want to touch on the basics of how T3 (Cytomel) works. Under a normal environment the pituitary gland in the brain releases a hormone called Thyroid Stimulating (or Releasing) Hormone which tells the thyroid to produce T4 and some T3. T4 converts to T3 through another mechanism in the body, the T4 is considered to be an inactive form until it is converted to T3 which it is the active form. T3 when floating around the body has many impacts on the cells in the body, from a bodybuilding perspective it regulates protein, fat and carbohydrate metabolism which when used in sufficient quantities can be used to increase protein synthesis and also be used to give a the metabolic spike to the system.

T3 generally comes in 12.5 to 25mcg tablets in strength, generally dosing will start at 25mcg's daily and work upwards depending on the goals and requirements of the individual. The amount produced naturally will vary from person to person; age, size, genetics, health and many other factors come into play but it is thought that your average healthy human being will produce 10-22mcg's every day.

When introducing synthetic T3 to the body then the bodies natural release will be suppressed eventually, generally the thyroid is a very resilient part of the body and it's function will recover, however the healthy function of it should not be taken lightly, the thyroid needs to be looked after for long term health so any T3 (or T4) use should be exactly that, use and not abuse.

Using For Growth

Yes T3 can be used to enhance growth, despite what you have probably read on many of the Internet sites that you come across (fat burner this, catabolic that). The point here to stress is to focus on use, not abuse, he idea being is we crank up the T3 levels at points more than they would naturally be which will increase the rate of protein turn over (the increased synthesis/repair of damaged tissue over the degradation/breakdown of proteins) and therefore create an environment that with sufficient hormones supporting this such as AAS, GH, IGF etc will increase the potential rate we can cause damaged tissue to regenerate and ultimately develop.

We do not want to use too much as if we kick the metabolism's up to much then will find yourself having to overcompensate for the deficit which will have you looking flat and losing weight by eating more and more food, which personally is great if you like to eat food but for actual making solid growth I find it of no extra benefit, I will actually look worse using too much T3 as I will bounce from full to flat allot more and often never get full volume or veins, especially when using Tren and/or HGH; using 2-3 of these in combination will require allot of effort to stay full and looking your best which is not really what you want when already in good condition, it goes without saying the more used the more effort required. 25-50mcg will be enough for most people, some of the bigger guys or people with poor metabolism may go up to 75mcg but for me personally I keep it around 50mcg and will split the dose so half in a morning and half before bed when I do this.

As far as when to do I would say the most effective time is towards the end of a growth phase when the gains start to slow, you will need to eat more if your getting flat when you introduce this to keep things moving. I am not talking for 2-3 weeks on the end of a 8 weeks growth phase but more 5-6 weeks on a 15-20 weeks or even longer focused on actually growing. Another good time to do is it is after getting in condition (prep) for 5-6 weeks as your growth cycle starts. Using to bridge the gap when breaking from HGH is also an option as well. Some guys will run T3 year round, personally it is not something I would do, I would keep it under 3-4 months in a year total and use it when you need to get things moving.

Losing Weight With T3!

T3 can be used very effectively to increase the metabolism way beyond what it can do naturally, do not get me wrong it is not perfect by any means, however the putting it simply when using an effective dose you an lose weight quickly.

What you will notice first when using an effective dose of T3 is that you will lose muscle volume as your muscles deplete (if not already), generally being flat is part of the ride, yes re-feeds can be used to all in volume etc but personally I just think when your using T3 to lose weight you just best putting up with it and getting it done than trying to balance everything off and stay full. As a result the veins can go into submission, sugars will help but they just won't be there the same.

Dose wise 50mcg upwards is really the way forward, allot will depend on what your taking with it, for instance T3 at 50mcg daily in combination with HGH and Trenbolone at a good dosing will really produce an effect where as 50mcg of T3 used by it's self will not really make much impact. Personally I think T3 is best used in combination with HGH, Trenbolone, Clenbuterol or Epherdrine (one or more) when it comes to fat burning. As for when to take it, taking it once a day will be fine but splitting to AM and PM will do well. You can do very well with taking 12-25mcg with each meal when eating 3-5 times a day, obviously dosed to yourself and what your taking along side with it. As for upper doses well personally I don't see the point in going over about 100mcg daily, maybe up towards 150mcg for a brief period but being honest your better using a combination of those drugs/hormones already mentioned than going silly doses. Plenty of people will play with well beyond 100mcg everyday, I am just saying that if you stack your goodies right then you will not need to, 50-75mcg will do it in most cases.

Personally I think that T3 for fat burning purposes is either best run at a steady low dose throughout the prep in combinations with HGH and Trenbolone or when just using steroids (including Trenbolone) towards the end to kick the metabolism back up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic