Members
Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Still Not Losing, Advice Welcome

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
For the past month I have been eating between 2800-3200 calories a day, Im weight training 1 for about 1 hour a day, im also doing cardio for around 45-60 minutes a day 6 days a week.. I have not lost any weight at all, here is what I had yesterday MEAL 1- (Pre Workout) Oatmeal, 1 scoop protein, 2 tsp peanut butter, MEAL 2- (Post workout) Protein shake, milk, honey, 10 egg whites MEAL3- Brown rice, hamburger MEAL 4- Veggies, 2 turkey patties, olive oil MEAL 5- Chicken, 5 egg whites, lettuce MEAL 6- 1 cup cottage cheese, chicken, salsa

Should I have my thyroid checked as I have seen couch potatoes who do no exercise at all lose more weight then im losing by just cutting out pop alone and doing nothing at all.. Its just frusrating knowing im eating clean, I have cut out all junk food and sodas, and im doing really hard cardio and weight training about everyday.. I had a trainer/nutritionist I have been going to weekly tell me to eat more calories still.. Their is no way in hell I can eat more calories when im not losing with what im eating now and finacially I really cant afford too.. Any advice on what I may need to adjust?? I actually lost weight 2-3 lbs a week when I was down around 2000 calories a day but my trainer keeps saying more more more as far as calories and I have listened to her and not lost any im still between 330-338 lbs since I have upped my calories.. Im seriosuly about to say heck with it and go back to the 1500 cals a day with the all I can do cardio like I did before and lost 80 lbs because this is not working at all..

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
try separating out fats from your earlier meals with the carbs in them. Mixing carbs and fats in meals has been a big no no for me. I don't want to contradict your trainer, but I will anyway of course... 2-3 pounds a week seems like a fine weight loss rate to me.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Have you had your body fat tested? Has it changed?

I would always recomend a hormone check, so I don't see anything wrong with that...and see it as adviseable...

As far as your trainer seems to me she feels you're not eating enough and in survival mode.... I would think if you trust her experience, follow he advise and increase food intake, if you gain weight then you'll know you need to go down, without rising further starvation, if you lose FAT (not neccesarily lbs) then she was right.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
2-3 pounds a week is what you want to be losing. anything more and it is going to be hard to maintain. just remember, you didnt get this way overnight or over a month, it took months and it will take months X2 to get it off.

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
Appreciate the advice, I have been taking measurements and nothing has changed in my waist, stomach ect ect. Today I weighed again and im up 3 more lbs, Im actually checking into get my thyroid and blood work done to see if that might be causing the non weight loss.. I know it will take a long long time to get results but Im eating the cleanest I have ever ate and exercising harder then ever and it all seems to be going the wrong way. Im gonna up my calories this week as I was told to and see what the scales show next week if their is no change or I have gained I will probably drop them back down until I do see some progress..

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
as mentioned, don't have added fats in your protein+carb meals. I think it would be easier to help you out if you gave us a better idea on how much oatmeal you eat, the portions of the meat sizes as well. Just feel a lot of detail on how much you're eating was left out.

But for sure it sucks to hear this and even without the stuff I requested you share, at your weight and that amount of cals, you should be losing weight. But just don't go to 1500 cals, if you've done that many times before, then yes, your thyroid could be a little messed up. Don't i'm no expert on thyroid issues, just know that yo yo dieting can cause problems.

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
I did the 1500 cal diet before and did it for a long time although I lost weight it all came right back, My trainer said my metabolism may be screwed up from that and might take a while for it to get going.. Not exaclty sure what you mean by Macros but im guessing you mean daily cals, proteins and carbs? Im getting about the same amount of carbs around 200 grams daily and around 200 grams daily of proteins nearly everyday right now. Im eating serving size foods, like 1/2 cup of rice, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and like when I eat turkey or hamburger for my protein im eating the single patties that way I know exaclty how many calories im getting in.. Only fats im getting is from peanut butter and olive oil and thats 2-3 times daily..

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
What are your stats?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
try separating out fats from your earlier meals with the carbs in them. Mixing carbs and fats in meals has been a big no no for me. I don't want to contradict your trainer, but I will anyway of course... 2-3 pounds a week seems like a fine weight loss rate to me.

I completely agree with PIB. It should be Pro + Carbs OR Pro + Fats. You shouldn't intentionally combine all 3.

Personally, I'm a fan of rotations and not set amounts of carbs/proteins/fats. Rotations work well for most and perhaps you should give it a try. If you are interested I can post a template you can use if you would like.

And as for how many lbs you should be losing each week, 1% or thereabouts is a safe, healthy amount without overdoing it.

R

Roughnrowdydowdy

Aug 6, 2011
Alright sounds good.. I will try the pro + fats and see how that works out..

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Alright sounds good.. I will try the pro + fats and see how that works out..

If you want to learn more about that, check out Johnberardi.com he has some very good, easy to understand articles on his site with recipies that go with each. If you can hack it, take in carbs and protein, pre and post workout only. Rest of the day, protein and fats. Works great and the suffering is minimal. But you're still a big dude, and I would up your protein to 1 gram per lbs. I know that may scare you, but you gotta hold on to your mass while dieting, many find this is key...

hope this helps you out!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic