Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

stiff deads..postem up boys!

kyle grey

kyle grey

MuscleHead
May 15, 2012
Ive done em as heavy as 315 for 5's and to say it is a stretching exercise is doing this movement a great injustice. Hands down the best secondary lift for hammies imo.

How is calling something stretching an injustice ? I consider other stretching movements Flyes and Pullovers and consider all three great .

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Oldschool said that the exercise he did in the video (which was far closer to sldl/rdl than any other video posted) hammered his hammies, which was the desired effect. Why is this two pages of playing semantics and nit-picking?

Typical shit from typical people.

Get healthy and drive on OS.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Because its a great muscle builder as well from my experience. I was only commenting based on your statement that you viewed them as a stretching exercise. I view them as a mass and strength builder. difference of opinion. Mine is only worth what was paid for it, nothing lol.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
Oldschool said that the exercise he did in the video (which was far closer to sldl/rdl than any other video posted) hammered his hammies, which was the desired effect. Why is this two pages of playing semantics and nit-picking?

Typical shit from typical people.

Get healthy and drive on OS.

We are having a discussion nothing more nothing less. Again, everyone in this thread appears to be busting it, who cares what thye are called as long you are grinding.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'm not a fan of SLDL. I don't like the locked legs and the rounding of the lower back that's typical of an SLDL. I prefer RDL's off a 100lbs plate or a low box to really increase ROM and like schultz said if you really want to be crazy use a snatch grip and your ROM will be out of control.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
We are having a discussion nothing more nothing less. Again, everyone in this thread appears to be busting it, who cares what thye are called as long you are grinding.

That's exactly my point. He said it nails his hams, so there you have it. I was directing my comment at the kings of wilks duo.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
That's exactly my point. He said it nails his hams, so there you have it. I was directing my comment at the kings of wilks duo.

I know you were. question, do you have to turn sideways to get out your door with that wide ass back? Big sob. How is the knee btw.

Reactions: SAD
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Man, give it a rest.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Yep, most doors are borderline so I turn a little sideways as I go through.

The knees (dislocated my right knee three weeks ago, not kidding) are good enough to deadlift with some pain, but squatting has been a no-go for almost two months. Tack on the fact that I very slightly tore something in my right pec, and I'm officially broken.

I've been rehabbing the pec and knees with Halo and from some advice by POB and one of the greatest benchers of all-time (not gonna drop his name). With some GH and restraint (not my forte) I should be good to push/pull at my next scheduled meet in August.

In the meantime, I'm truly enjoying coaching some younger lifters with Halo and look forward to squatting 650+ by this time next year (doctors tell me never to squat again, but what do they know?). Haha. Thanks for asking bro.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Man, give it a rest.

Listen guy, I call em like I see em. I jump on NO bandwagons, and I am fiercely loyal to few. If you're unfortunate enough to have made a bad impression, it's a tough road to redemption. Don't want redemption? That's fine too. Just understand that I will let sleeping dogs lie provided you don't step on my toes or the toes of those that I'm loyal to.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Listen guy, I call em like I see em. I jump on NO bandwagons, and I am fiercely loyal to few. If you're unfortunate enough to have made a bad impression, it's a tough road to redemption. Don't want redemption? That's fine too. Just understand that I will let sleeping dogs lie provided you don't step on my toes or the toes of those that I'm loyal to.
Well it's just getting old now that you keep having to find ways of trying to put me down, or start up a whole new thread about it. But hey, if doing that made you feel better then good for you.

Redemption? Lol, why do I need the approval of a 300lb guy that keeps shitting on me? Nah, I'm fine thanks. I gave you acknowledgements and a few compliments in Giantslayer's 'Powerlifting is Hard' thread and you didn't respond to them so I'll simply retort back with what you continually like to say, "you do you and I'll do me."

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
There you go. That's the right idea.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic