Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

stiff deads..postem up boys!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Oldschool said that the exercise he did in the video (which was far closer to sldl/rdl than any other video posted) hammered his hammies, which was the desired effect. Why is this two pages of playing semantics and nit-picking?

Typical shit from typical people.

Get healthy and drive on OS.

Just sharing knowlege and information. A SLDL and RDL are NOT the same thing. I did not think anyone was busting his balls by discussing the differences.

I'm not a fan of SLDL. I don't like the locked legs and the rounding of the lower back that's typical of an SLDL. I prefer RDL's off a 100lbs plate or a low box to really increase ROM and like schultz said if you really want to be crazy use a snatch grip and your ROM will be out of control.

I agree completely. You must have good flexibility to be doing RDL's off a platform. That is an area where I need A LOT of work. I have neglected my flexibility for sometime.

For anyone that cares, Lyle McDonald does a great job of laying out the differences in the exercises. Long but very detailed article.

Cliffs, both work glutes, ham, and lower back but one of the primary difference between the RDL and SLDL is that the RDL only works the spinal erector muscles statically, as there is no movement in the spine itself.

Because of the static position of the back (non-rounding) RDL's can be done with much heavier weight more safely. Hence hit the glutes, hams harder then you might with a SLDL. (again more safely). It is why I said I consider the SLDL a lower back exercise......much like good mornings. Either way, it is not my first choice and I really dont ever do them.

The article is worth the read.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/training/rdl-vs-sldl.html

Last edited:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Oldschool said that the exercise he did in the video (which was far closer to sldl/rdl than any other video posted) hammered his hammies, which was the desired effect. Why is this two pages of playing semantics and nit-picking?

Typical shit from typical people.

Get healthy and drive on OS.

thank you brother sad!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic