Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Statin Deception (Truth about Cholesterol Medicines) New Study!!

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
All about that money. Doesn't matter if it works or not. Just like they rammed that new Alzheimer's medication through "approval."

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Several years ago I was put on statins by the VA. Within 4 months I was losing function in my legs. Woke at 3 am one morning and was paralyzed from waist down with rare side effect called Rhabdomyolysis.

One thing doc told me at the hospital I won't forget; statins are one of the top 5 drugs docs won't even take.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Several years ago I was put on statins by the VA. Within 4 months I was losing function in my legs. Woke at 3 am one morning and was paralyzed from waist down with rare side effect called Rhabdomyolysis.

One thing doc told me at the hospital I won't forget; statins are one of the top 5 drugs docs won't even take.
Umm whose this guy popping up all of a sudden talking crap on big pharma??!!!! Lmao It’s been a long time NC!

I actually started atorvastatin a few months ago for cholesterol.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
Umm whose this guy popping up all of a sudden talking crap on big pharma??!!!! Lmao It’s been a long time NC!

I actually started atorvastatin a few months ago for cholesterol.

Yeah good to see NC around haven’t seen him anywhere since the good old AB Days!

Just had my blood work done total cholesterol was 156 so I don’t need those meds yet, hopefully never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
All about that money. Doesn't matter if it works or not. Just like they rammed that new Alzheimer's medication through "approval."
I do not have a prob fast tracking an end of life med that if it reduces life span but increases quality of life until death with something as debilitating as Alzheimer's because if you have ever seen a person with it in the median or end stage one might wish for death instead.

My doc wanted my LDL down so I took Atorvastatin, it gave me horrible muscle cramps.
Jawbreaker, 156 was just my LDL but my HDL was 75 so the ratio was good.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
HDL / Triglyceride ratio is now being presented as a better indicator of CVD than absolute LDL levels or any other ratio. Also, get your CAC scores folks, another important indicator of potential issues. ApoB is another blood marker worthy of tracking as it measures your body's ability to efficiently transport and remove cholesterol. There is much much more to this than statins and filling to coffers of big pharma.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
LOTS of really good info in this thread

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
HDL / Triglyceride ratio is now being presented as a better indicator of CVD than absolute LDL levels or any other ratio. Also, get your CAC scores folks, another important indicator of potential issues. ApoB is another blood marker worthy of tracking as it measures your body's ability to efficiently transport and remove cholesterol. There is much much more to this than statins and filling to coffers of big pharma.
Thanks Biter, that is new to me and good info.

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
10ish years ago I was put on lipitor had to stop after 2 days had crazy pain all over that lasted months to me its the worst med ive ever taken. guess I was in the unlucky group that have terrible sides.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic