Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Starting back at the gym next week

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
As a lot of you know I have been running marathons & ultras, and since then I've dropped from my PL'ing weight of around 143 down to 130ish.

I haven't touched any weights for at least 6 months, but going to get back in the gym next week as one of my goals now is to get faster so I can run a 1hr30 half marathon this September. Here's a quick photo of the 'runners physique' I am starting out with...

file.php

Would like to thicken out my upper body again and looking to add around 4-5lb of muscle. Will be mainly sticking with the tried-and-tested big compound moves like bench & DL's, will throw in some squats but if the DOMS interferes with the running then I'll have to rethink leg day lol.

Any suggestions for weight training that will encourage a fast half marathon time are welcome :D

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Awesome to hear man! I bet you have missed it. Yeah, idk about the leg day situation lol. It's liking me bad enough just at work. I can't imagine doing ultras with leg doms lol. The pic isn't showing up. Good luck with the addition to training!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Awesome dude, looking forward to following!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Cheers, have had a couple of sessions at the gym but I need to step it up. Mainly just finding the time to fit everything in !!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic