Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Started dieting a week ago

F

Frank1985

May 23, 2023
Hi, I`m new here, I started working out with weights when I was around 15, 38 now, I always wanted big muscles, but for many years I struggled to build some, did Mike Mentzer`s heavy-duty hit for some years, and so on, started dieting a week ago to get rid of some fat, been eating what I wanted for many years now, been overeating also, I do 15 reps of ten sets on every bodypart, been doing light weights lately, but I think I lost a little muscle-mass from it, the diet is mainly vegetables, a little rice, and beans, I prefer vegetarian food, just wanted to say hello!

Attachments

• WIN_20230523_21_15_58_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230523_21_15_58_Pro.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 57
genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Welcome.

Is that 10 sets per body part including warm up sets, or are those just working sets?

F

Frank1985

May 23, 2023
Welcome.

Is that 10 sets per body part including warm up sets, or are those just working sets?

I haven`t done warmups, like ever, really, It`s ten working sets, I do some stretching to get a softer look, and get less stiff, like Arnold did

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Welcome @Frank1985 .....consistency is key in diet and working out......those are foundational in building anything. Good rest time as well is very key too.

Good luck here!

Also don't understand your reps/sets. You state 15 reps of 10 sets for each body part.
So are you saying that for all the exercises for say your biceps, you do 15 reps for 10 sets each? or is that 10 total sets including all the different exercises?

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I haven`t done warmups, like ever, really, It`s ten working sets, I do some stretching to get a softer look, and get less stiff, like Arnold did
Probably why your muscles are not growing. 10 working sets per body part is WAY too many unless you are not training very hard. I do 1-2 working sets per body part (Push - chest/triceps/front delts/side delts/, Pull - back width/rear delts/shrugs/back thickness/biceps, Legs - quads/hamstrings/glutes/calves). That is chemically enhanced. Just make those working sets count.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Are you progressively getting stronger each year, or are you just going in and doing whatever for 10 sets and lifting the same amount of weight you have for years?

How consistent are you? Do you take weeks or months off each year?

Vegetarian? How strict? Like no meat at all? Eggs? Milk?

What is your total protein intake? Carb intake? Fat intake?

Can you lay out what you eat every day? Like type it down for us to know.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
So, there’s many ways to skin a cat. I’m sure you know that protein matters. I think it’s somewhat less important what the source and more important that you’re getting enough. As stated above, if you can create some consistency in your diet, you can make adjustments along the way and figure out what is working for you. As for training, same thing…. Everyone is going to have their own opinion. Some will claim science, but truth be told, the science is pretty clueless. It’s been my experience that for building muscle, the mind-muscle connection is the key. Put the tension on the muscle with intention. Full range of motion, and under control. I would say that if you’re contracting hard, you’ll be spent long before 15x10.

Good luck my friend.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic