Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Son of Ramrod - Workout Log

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Well my son has started to hit the a gym here and there. I only take him when he wants to go. I don't force him or Make him go. I feel if I force him at this age he may not like it and see it more has a punishment. If it's his choice it puts in the effort better. BUT when we are at the GYM. We are there to TRAIN. We don't play around. He is good for about 30min before he is burnt out.

Stats..9yr, 4th Grade.. 60lbs roughly
He plays Soccer all year, Basketball and Baseball.

What we have worked on so far.
Squats - Has an issue with Bar placement on back.
Deadlifts - Getting pretty good at these
Bench - Improving fast and getting better contol
Curls - Curls for the Girls
Box Jumps - Mastered
Standing Long Jumps - Mastered
Pull ups -a struggle, but getting there
ABs - Mastered

I got him his own Barbell. Quickly found on the 45lb BB is to much to start with on Bench and Squats.
I started him with a OSO Mini Bar that weighs 5lbs and has a 22mm grip. Has marker rings and takes normal 2in plates. This was a big help on Bench and Squats.

On Deadlifts we have a 6ft bar that weighs 30lbs. Started with it and are now using a Texas DL Bar. He has got the DL down pretty good. Has a slight lean forward I'm working on with him.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Man oh man is this awesome. I am excited for you both---great time together---and hope he stays with it to augment his training.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Taking it to the next generation . . . Very cool bro!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Video from using the Texas Deadlift Bar.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Congrats man, nothing better than seeing your kids excel! Did you start him sumo or that was natural for him?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Man oh man is this awesome. I am excited for you both---great time together---and hope he stays with it to augment his training.

Taking it to the next generation . . . Very cool bro!

Congrats man, nothing better than seeing your kids excel! Did you start him sumo or that was natural for him?

Yeah its pretty cool coaching him. He had a Soccer Game last night and scored 3 goals and a few assists in their last indoor game.

As for the Deadlift Stance. Tried Conv. a few times, but just wasn't right. Something was off. I explained and showed him Sumo and he took to it easier. He isn't locking out at the top still. He thinks he is. Before he Deadlifts again. I'm going to show him his Video and get it fixed. As he gets more comfortable and better knowledge of the weights. I'll take him back to Conv. Deads.

This week we are going to do a lot of Different DB and machine stuff. Kind of a BB workout.

Reactions: 5.0
ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Tell Logan, there are some lifters around the world checking in on him. I'm very much waiting to see how long his bench press catches up to mine. lol

:)

Yomo

Yomo

MuscleHead
Dec 18, 2015
not sure how I missed this thread....

inspirational stuff bro...hopefully his love of the sport only grows from here on out....

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Thanks guys I had him read all this and he thought it was cool.

Right now Baseball and Soccer are going on. So he Has practices for both and games each week. Busy time... We may do some barbell work at home next couple of days.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
7-0, We did good. Logan did well as Catcher and had a nice hit tonight... He actually turned on the Burners running too. Kid may have gotten some of my old Speed...:rockon:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic