The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks guys, I WILL pull 200kg this year. That's my motivation :D

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks guys, I WILL pull 200kg this year. That's my motivation :D
I think I have 200kg in the bag if I can stay injury free. Just back from a push/pull meet tonight and I'm just running on base strength right now.

Didn't miss a lift tonight, my attempts were:

DL:
374/396/418

Bench:
200/220/232

Haven't seen the official results yet but should be good enough for a decent placing. Prep for my April meet is just about to start next week, can't wait to get stuck into some serious hard training again.

Last edited by a moderator:
any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Nice work. I hope you don't mind but to me it looks like your *ss is coming up and your back rounding when you start your pull. Looks like your shoulders may be a bit over the bar. Take a look at your form. You'll pull heavier if you don't use all back..push through with your legs..shoot your hips under the bar to help get it past your knees so you're not leaning back as far. Just a thought.

I use to compete at 165# class. had a 265 bench, 490 squat and 530 dead. Although I wore a bench shirt and squat suit. No briefs as they weren't out then. DL..just a belt and singlet.

Keep up the great work.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Cheers for the feedback, yeah I realised my back rounded a little. I think I could reduce that if I can get my hips a little lower, but you're right about the shoulders in the sense that they should be back behind the bar. Funny you mentioned 'push through with the legs' as I have always though of the DL as being a pressing movement equally as much as it is a pull.

Truth be told I was a little nervous before that lift, I was confident I could get it (the 374 and 396 before it both felt strong), but I hadn't attempted that weight since the start of December.

Appreciate the tips, and congrats with your achievements as well. I like lifting raw but I might send some PM's your way when I break out the suit lol :rockon:

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I also got this feedback as well:

"Very strong. Might I add a little comment. Notice the lower leg as you are getting ready to pull? It angled a lot at the start. You want to limit that "dorsal flexion" because it makes the bar have to travel out and back in. So it can be a deal breaker. I am worker on that for myself."

So I have a few things to think over and try and sort before my April meet. Thanks guys MF.

Last edited:
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
This is the deadlift I think I'm most proud of, 3 x bw in a meet was a goal I'd been focusing on for quite a while :rockon:

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic