Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Shoulders Lagging- Need Advice

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
Joy i was Doing them all and nothing helped untill someone told me to do hang clean/press and omg shoulders and thickness is unreal!! Its a must for me!! Give it a wee shot ;)

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
My shoulders respond well to high volume. IMO pressing moves are okay to go heavier on but trying to do lat raises or front raises with heavy weight will only either shorten your range or force you to use body english. My advice would be to add more intensifiers like dropsets.

Take care of your shoulders. You will make no progrss with an injury.

Bodyfat plays a huge role in how your shoulders will look. You will not get that pinched look between your delt and tricep unless bf is low enough.

Last edited:
P

Pambo2

Dec 5, 2013
I agree with most of the posts, I'm no expert but my delts were my most stuborn muscle group and yes they are the foundation for that Y taper look. With big delts you can hide a thick waist. If you want cannon balls for delts start with heavy presses front and back on a smith machine then single side laterals as a super set, I also recomend a heavy bag for punching power. Once you begin to feel that projection from your shoulder to the connection with the bag you will see noticable results. You have to see results to feel good about the workout, especially when others see it. Just remember "form follows function". If you get serious about your shoulders they will get serious with you. You wanna draw attention, nothing like cannon balls to turn heads. A great set of delts is like having a second set of tits. LOL

Last edited:
F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Genetics plays its biggest role.whenever I do shoulders I always start with rear delts.i then shoulder press from the front on the smith machine and then finish of with some side delts and front hi reps and get as much blood into them.thats what works for me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic