Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Shit comes in 3's

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
It's been a tough week. I DL'ed my personal best Friday night. Then I squatted and things went to shit. I pulled my hip flexor. I've had problems with it a few years ago, but then it went away. Haven't had issues in about 2 years till now. Anyone have this issue when they squat? Form is good, except I am quad dominant. I have been told my glutes aren't firing and I need to concentrate on that during the squat, but that's a whole other issue. I have been icing and resting. Cardio hurts it, legs hurt it so I have decided to work on some of the lagging upper body parts. Anyone have any suggestions on time frame before I can go back to working them?

So from there it goes even further downhill...my 2 dachshunds and I were attacked by a pit bull Sunday. Good damn thing I lift because that is the only thing that saved my dogs. I wasn't bit, but my fingers, hands and knees are pretty scrapped up from beating on the dog. This didn't help my hip flexor either.

Car got broken into Sunday night. I'm hoping that's #3.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
Damn thats awful. Sorry to hear that. And your right shit does happen in 3s

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Well things can only go up from here... As for the hips... Play with your toe angle when you squat and find what reduces pressure on the area.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
wow...sorry to hear about that pile of shit that landed on you but like POB said it can only get better (i hope) from here!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Very sorry about the pit bull. Today I passed a lady walking the cutest damn pitty who looked like he out welcoming the world to a new day and ecstatic to be doing it. So much depends on their training. Booo on the car breakin.

RE: Hip flexors - do you do any stretching? Sometimes some downtime is a good thing. Spend your 'leg days' doing some good stretching. Generally speaking I don't do anything related to leg day until I've done a good 15-20 min warm-up a la Joe DeFranco Agile 8. You might also check out foam rolling and then just let it heal a bit. If you aggravated something it may just need some time to reduce inflammation.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
So sorry to hear about that stuff hope things get better fast!

Reactions: Joy
Needswork

Needswork

Dec 19, 2011
Sorry bout your luck. I have a pit male and a mini chiwowa. I love pits but some times a 100 years of bad breeding catches up

mrsr05

mrsr05

TID Lady Member
Apr 12, 2012
so sorry to hear about the run of bad luck... hope things turn around soon

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Thanks all for the good thoughts. My boy's got a 10" long incision with 20 stitches but we put a bandana around his neck and now he looks bad ass :)

I'll work with my toe angle- POB. Thanks. I have been working with my stance. Never thought about toe angle. I generally just keep them curled. However, your advice never does me wrong. I posted before about my lagging shoulders- your advice was lift heavy low reps. I have had 3 different ppl tell me my arms and shoulders are getting huge almost too manly. I am being told to back off. Your advice was sound! TU.

Sassy- I am guilty of not stretching. I have no excuse I just don't. I thought about adding some yoga or pallaties (spelling) to help me in this area. I am giving my lower body a break for the next few weeks. I'm gonna concentrate on my triceps. I currently suffer from a bit of wavy gravy. Thanks for the advice. I am going to have to find a way to incorporate stretching and like it.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
JoyI hate stretching too. Hell I hate warming up. In my early 30's I never had to.Now it is mandatory to stay injury free.I still dont like it and probably dont do as much of it as I should.

Bigherm21

Bigherm21

Apr 12, 2012
Ya that's horrible. Hope things get better this week.

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Thanks all for the good thoughts. My boy's got a 10" long incision with 20 stitches but we put a bandana around his neck and now he looks bad ass :)

I'll work with my toe angle- POB. Thanks. I have been working with my stance. Never thought about toe angle. I generally just keep them curled. However, your advice never does me wrong. I posted before about my lagging shoulders- your advice was lift heavy low reps. I have had 3 different ppl tell me my arms and shoulders are getting huge almost too manly. I am being told to back off. Your advice was sound! TU.

Sassy- I am guilty of not stretching. I have no excuse I just don't. I thought about adding some yoga or pallaties (spelling) to help me in this area. I am giving my lower body a break for the next few weeks. I'm gonna concentrate on my triceps. I currently suffer from a bit of wavy gravy. Thanks for the advice. I am going to have to find a way to incorporate stretching and like it.

Try it once w/ the foam roller, particularly on your hip area & the tie-ins. The Joe DeFranco link has some great stuff in it. Just try it once. You don't have a leg day in your immediate future, so pick that day as your stretch day to try it. I do that religiously before I even bother attempting a bodyweight squat. Makes a world of difference and feels fantastic working the kinks out of the really tight or sore areas. Just find a quiet spot in the gym, get a mat, turn on the iPod and go at it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic