Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Shawna Mendelson at the highland games

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
How are liking the highland games? I threw for years, ever want to break down any throws techniques, hit me up. Id be glad to help

S

Shawna Mendelson2

Jul 8, 2013
Thank you everyone! I appreciate the warm welcome! Thanks Schultz I appreciate it! I love throwing, I find it super fun and I love the new challenge. I have my own weights and sheaf, and I recently had an adjustable bar made for my height throws. I just try to practice and video my throws as much as possible. I have a great amount of support out there helping me, I am lucky!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Welcome to the board Shawna!!

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Welcome to the board Shawna now I have a question, Does your hair ever fall in your face when you are competing? LOL just wondering.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol Hanni. Maybe we ladies should start asking questions like do your balls stick to your leg when you deadlift?

beast

beast

May 19, 2011
Hey everyone thank you for the invite! I've done 3 highland games so far. Just started in Jan. Before this I've been a competitive elite level powerlifter for the last 14 years, and BB for about 4 years. Of course I look different throwing on the field then I do before I get on stage. Two totally different worlds. In those pics, in my defense was poring out all day so those pics are not that attractive looking. It's not about that either, it's about being an athlete and getting it done. Hope you all have a great day!

I like the fact you compete in 3 or more different ways. I too have done strongman, powerlifting and bodybuilding. It helps me break things up and not so redundant!

S

Shawna Mendelson2

Jul 8, 2013
Yeah the hair question? Really? Thanks Rottenrogue for handling that! I'm an athlete and have been forever, so I agree things do become redundant, and sometimes my body needs a rest from all of the heavy stuff so that's why I like BB.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Welcome to TID Shawna! It's great to have another quality female member. Please make yourself at home, and keep us in the loop on future events and stuff like that. Also, RR posts up training logs that a lot of us enjoy following. If you want feel free to post some of your training logs.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic