Remy14
What's New?

Shawn Ray

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've always thought Shawn Ray had one of the most awesome physiques. Great balance, symmetry and conditioning.

1715195972500.png

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
He is one of the biggest dicks in bodybuilding. He would train at Golds in Vegas back in the late 90s, early 2000s. He thought everyone should get off the equipment when he entered the gym. Always trained with a group. Have never met anyone who liked the guy. As far as physiques, he definitely had the complete package.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Joe W always looked to who was not only tip top physique wise but also who was marketable. I'm sure old Joe had Shawn figured out pretty quickly. Even Dorian was marketable because of his "shadow" mystique and his quick whit, and, of course, he was make out of striated granite.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
He is one of the biggest dicks in bodybuilding. He would train at Golds in Vegas back in the late 90s, early 2000s. He thought everyone should get off the equipment when he entered the gym. Always trained with a group. Have never met anyone who liked the guy. As far as physiques, he definitely had the complete package.
I'm so bummed to hear this. But no other posters here are arguing with you! LOL When you've got a physique like that, it speaks for itself.

I suppose some people just have "weenie" wired into their DNA. Such a shame.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
His lats go all the way down to his ass!!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
His lats go all the way down to his ass!!
If you're saying what I think you're saying, then ... :D.

Otoh it broke my Wife's heart when I showed her his posing videos and explained why she could never have him.

Plenty of women do dig the Ronnie and Markus Ruhl beasts, but I bet way more like Paris, Steve Reeves, Frank Zane, etc.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
I'm so bummed to hear this. But no other posters here are arguing with you! LOL When you've got a physique like that, it speaks for itself.

I suppose some people just have "weenie" wired into their DNA. Such a shame.
He was a rich kid, drove a Benz. Most bodybuilders were poor while Shaun had plenty of financial support from his family. I want to say his dad was a Dr. if I remember.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I think this is a pic of him winning Nationals in '87 to get his pro card.
1715277351319.png

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
His arrogance expanded every where.
Back in the early to mid 1990s I had a friend named Magic Dane who promoted a lot of local bb shows on the east coast in Maryland and always brought in unique guest posers like Victor Richards Dorian Yates etc. He had a couple muscle beach clothing stores one was on the OC Maryland board walk and he asked me one day to watch the store while he went to train.
I sat in the chair at the desk and the stool had a big cutout od Shawn Ray's face and he had written KISS MY ASS Shawn! on it. He told me Ray wanted first class tickets a limo to take him everywhere most expensive hotel rooms and a stipend for 6 meals a day plus guest posing fees. Also Shawn would take forever to respond and only would confirm at the last minute. One time he skipped and luckily Kevin Levrone had to step in as he was always at the shows. Good for me cause we got to see Kevin at 275 lbs in the rare occasion where he was bulking early on in his career. Pasty white though.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic