Latest Member
musclemanzello
What's New?

Share your thoughts.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
With the tragic recent loss of one of the most beloved leaders in our anonymous community, I realize that saying how much a person has meant to you, even though it's behind virtual walls and anonymous for the most part, after they have passed, is not good enough. It's great to remember Shine and share our stories, but I for one very much wish that I could send just one more PM to him letting him know how much he helped me and how much I respect him.

In this thread, I open up a forum to talk about someone who is still with us that has meant as much to you as Shine did to so many. I'll start.

Mugzy - Your guidance of this board reflects your years of experience on the boards. Your intelligence, foresight, and wise decision-making has been paramount to making this the best board for what we do. On a personal level, you have been overly patient with me and groomed me, unbeknownst to me, into a somewhat deserving VIP. I thank you for the PMs you have sent me along the way, respecting my opinion by asking for it, letting me know of certain things ahead of time so I was prepared, and listening to those board members who you have deemed worthy of having a voice in the inner-workings of this board. I do not throw around my respect for people, especially if I have never gotten to truly know them, but after years on this board I feel that I can say that I truly respect you and what you have accomplished both in the powerlifting world, and here in this community. Thank you.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
I just went back and searched through Shine's posts almost everyone is a treasure trove of great information. I never met him but it's crazy how affected I am by this. I want to use this as a lesson to myself as how to conduct myself on a board. I never really though too much about how what I say can affect people in or community both positively and negatively.

I want to apologize to you SAD about the fight we got into, you are a valuable member of the board and would be missed if you weren't here. I appreciate you starting this thread.

Reactions: SAD
Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I interracted a fair bit with SHINE through PM. He was always gracious, kind and came across as the sort of person who would do anything for anybody.

I never knew him on a personal level, but I have no doubt he would have made a differenc to every person he came in contact with. A great loss, RIP SHINE. I hope you are now at peace in a beautiful, tranquil place.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I want to apologize to you SAD about the fight we got into, you are a valuable member of the board and would be missed if you weren't here. I appreciate you starting this thread.
I would also like to echo exactly the same thing, life is too short for fighting and grudges.

Thanks for the thread SAD.

Reactions: SAD
porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Wow, good thread.

I need to thank SAD and POB again for helping me get in to the XPC meet last year. Even though I did terribly it was a breakthough meet for me and has opened a lot of doors for bigger meets ( where I've showed my potential) and good sponsorship. I owe you both a huge thank you.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
I got lots of death in my family so anytime something like this happens it hits me hard.I talked with SHINE on pm a few times,he was one cool bro.Im real sad over this

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Mugz. I have a great deal of genuine respect for you as a person a man and a human being and I truly consider you a friend. And everything you do with the board is just and add on to that.
Great Gunz I talk to this dude on a regular basis off the boards and have gotten to know him, GG I have a lot of respect for you and you are a damn good person also. We talk cycles a lot and bounce ideas off of each other on what to run.
Marx brother you brought me here when CS died thank you I will always be greatful for that and you will always be a good friend.

Over these years Ive formed a lot of friendships with people on the boards. There is a lot of my CS friends here and the friends that Ive gained since being here. I have a great deal of respect for you guys. And there is the mass of the members here I havent formed a friendship with here that still are a great asset to this community.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Ofcourse I got to name admin he made me feel welcome and took the time to converse with me threw pm... I never ask for much but when I do he's never denied me...
Garnet and gold
Danrojiga
Pob
Snatchito
-MU-

I would literally stick my neck out on the line for any of those guys, the list is to long to name everyone but if you new how you have made a difference in my life you might be surprised..
Was this the point of the thread sad? To just say thank you to some close brothers that are still here?

Shine has helped me tremendously also I hope he new how much he has but I'm not sure because I never really got to tell him, when I had technical questions to ask that I didn't feel comfortable posting on the forum he was my go to guy.. I also vented to him pm once in awhile... Very sincere honest loyal brother rip Shine!

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
This was a nice idea SAD. Thank you for getting it started. I don't think I ever got the chance to tell SHINE that he actually did mean something to me. And to be unable to say good bye to him is very hard as well.

The list of people on this board that mean a lot to me and inspire me is quite long. We all joke about the ridiculous number of posts that I have, but its not whoring about so much as I have a large network of tight people here. So many I am glad to have made the opportunity to meet up with off the board.

SAD you sucked me into this life of power-lifting. Essentially passing on that contagious iron bug to me.

Halo, JB, BrotherIron, 400lbGorilla, Go Away, UphillClimb and RottenRogue - our tight group of "loggers" that keep each other motivated. You guys are the reason that when I am training, and I don't want to do that 5th set of squats, I still do it.

Here at TID I have the opportunity to learn from the best when it comes to running a board. Our Admin is second to none. He's decisive, has integrity that can not be questioned and when he's not traveling for work too much he's a very nice guy... And in the 700lb bench club.

But the other mods I work with here are the best from the Boards. SHINE, Lizard King and Marx in particular. Its really something to be able to read the mod forum and see and understand what they are thinking.

I admin another board and when you're in an admin role it can make it difficult to keep your friends. So I'm lucky to have a great staff there to back me up. BigHerm is my right hand there, but its great to know that Regular, Jenner, Brother Bundy, Dfeaton, Times Roman and Spongy can be trusted 100%. Seeing them care about the board and grow into their moderator roles has been great fun to watch. You guys are doing a great job.

I think I hear the orchestra playing now... So I'll leave it at that.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Great idea SAD! Far too often we always want to tell that person that we lost that one last "I love you" or "thank you" and we never get that opportunity.

I have a few people that I'd like to thank that have affected me in a way that I want to mention…sorry if I left anyone out (don’t cut to commercial just yet)

Mugz-thank you for taking the time to know me, you've been sincere and authentic since we met and I can't call this place "home" without you....this board is by far the best that I've ever been a part of.

Big_Paul, you are my ninja and someone I'll know while I'm alive. You've introduced me to the boards way back in the bb.com era 8+ years ago and opened my eyes to a new world. I thank you for your direction and friendship….although we’ve never met in person, you’re one of my very few trusted friends.

HisAngriness, you'll call me gay for anything sincere but I love ya buddy and I appreciate all you’ve done for me, I wouldn’t be here without you and Big_Paul.

Schultzy, my BFAM, hope we cross paths someday pal.

IC and Prophet, you have my deepest appreciation for what you did for my family and I'll never forget your generosity. Thank you!

RR, Jdub, BrotherIron, GreatGunz and BigHerm: you've helped me grow and are some of the reasons why I don't leave the gym earlier than I do.

And POB my brother. You opened up your world and let me in, you’ve shown me a new universe that I never knew existed with unpretentious altruism and compassion. I’m extremely thankful for how you’ve coached and guided me, but I’m more thankful for your friendship.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I will say this I appreciate everyone on this board EVEN FD (jk my brotha)!!! You people are like an extended family to me and it feels good to belong to a place like that. I have nothing bad to say about anyone here. I feel most people here are honest hard working people like me and love to give good advice. I will say this when no one believed in me and I had problems with JA, Mugsy was the first person to hit me up and say Hannibal come on over to my board.I have been here ever sense. I post my wifes health and people message me all the time with real concern. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I would like to echo what Hanni said.

All of you girls and guys are like family to me. And I feel so fortunate to be a part of this community.

And also, Superman said something yesterday I would like to echo. It gets away from me how much time I spend with you girls and guys. I do really enjoy being around all of you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic