Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

SC deputy accused of excessive force on student

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
My take on most of these videos, were you asked to do something? Did you fail to comply? Ok, you get your ass handed to you. I read two different reports that said the student was asked to leave the class by a teacher, then a school administrator, and upon failing to leave, the Officer was brought in. Ask them, tell them, make them.

Mr. Wiggly

Mr. Wiggly

MuscleHead
Oct 15, 2011
Yeah she was probably being a pain in the ass..........................but.............................you cannot assault a minor and thats pretty much what it looked like. Unless she started swinging I guarantee I could have gotten her out of there without having to slam her. Not saying she didnt deserve it. But................

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
We don't know the whole story

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
We don't know the whole story

No, we don't know the whole story, and with this being a national news item now, we likely will never get the whole story. That is what is sad.
If the guy just walked into the room and grabbed her like that, he should be in trouble. If he had already been there talking to her, and she had been non-compliant, and then he had started to physically remove her and she fought back (all before the video), many will feel differently. It shouldn't be hard to find out what happened before, but the public will never hear the truth because there is more hay to be made with whatever narrative is being pushed.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
The cited article indicates that there have been three earlier incidents where complaints have been lodged against this guy. Two of them didn't go anywhere. While the child's behavior is totally unacceptable, it seems like this guy has a pretty short fuse.

This young girl better not get lionized as some civil rights hero. She ignored her teacher, then an administrator, and then the cop. She deserved to be arrested and sent into the juvenile system. If they come down too hard on the cops in that area, those officers won't do anything to enforce discipline in the schools, and every parent who can afford it will pull their kid out of the district because you can't learn when the "students" are running the place.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
When are cops going to realize everybody has a video camera nowadays? It's like they are still living in 1998. It doesn't matter what you do or how justified you are in doing it, any show of force and the public will not like it.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
Even if he was 100% justified in using physical force to remove her, he made a big mistake in not clearing out the room of all other students first. That's a huge mistake on so many levels.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Even if he was 100% justified in using physical force to remove her, he made a big mistake in not clearing out the room of all other students first. That's a huge mistake on so many levels.
your read my mind my fellow asshole! step one...remove witnesses... step two... do what you gotta do...

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
When are cops going to realize everybody has a video camera nowadays? It's like they are still living in 1998. It doesn't matter what you do or how justified you are in doing it, any show of force and the public will not like it.

Right on. Police are civil authorities and should not use any force at all. If people don't comply, the cops should leave and sue them later. :)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
The cited article indicates that there have been three earlier incidents where complaints have been lodged against this guy. Two of them didn't go anywhere. While the child's behavior is totally unacceptable, it seems like this guy has a pretty short fuse.

That happens to a LOT of officers. Not saying he does or does not have a short fuse, but good doctors and good police officers all have been sued, reported to the authorities etc. People don't get their way, so they make as much noise as possible. The officer wasn't found guilty on any of those charges or complaints. Again, that's not to say he was or was not guilty of them, but it's all hear-say involving punk idiots.

The problem with this situation is this; how many of you have worked in the inner city as a public servant? Medic, EMT, LEO etc? Until you walk in their/my shoes kind of situation. Getting out of the inner city was the best thing I ever did. Those assholes don't care about anything but themselves, and will do anything to gain the advantage, including forcing an officer to use force in order to make them comply, then they scream police brutality. It happened so many times, I lost count. Hell, it happened to me too while trying to restrain patients that were bat shit crazy. One woman (110lbs) fought so hard, she broke her own arm while I was holding it down in order to give her Ativan.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic