Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Salmon Sashimi as Post-Workout Meal

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Today was leg day. I was starving when I got home. I had some Costco farmed Atlantic Salmon in the fridge....just cut it up and threw a small amount of low(er) sodium Kikoman on there and chowed down.

Wondering what people here thought of this as a post-workout meal. Had a small amount of brown rice with it.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I never thought about doing that, but I am a huge fan of sushi. I guess there isn't any difference between that and what the sushi chefs get? Are the standards the same? Sounds delicious, though. Yellowtail is my favorite.

A quick Google shows it should be perfectly fine and there is no such thing as "sushi grade." As long as it's purchased from a reputable vendor.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Good on protein, but I really try to limit my fat intake around training, as it inhibits muscle protein synthesis.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Would the brown rice slow gastric emptying post workout because it's higher in fiber, would just regular white rice be better?
I hate brown rice altogether. The body struggles to digest the husk of brown rice, which can lead to digestion issues. I would eat jasmine, basmati or straight white rice over brown if I had to choice. Nearly each time I had heart burn issues on a cut, it was due to too much brown rice.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Today was leg day. I was starving when I got home. I had some Costco farmed Atlantic Salmon in the fridge....just cut it up and threw a small amount of low(er) sodium Kikoman on there and chowed down.

Wondering what people here thought of this as a post-workout meal. Had a small amount of brown rice with it.
I would eat it. My immediate powo is skittles. Followed by eggwhite a2 milk and a Bobo oat bite. So that meal would fit in fine with me especially if body was starving.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I would eat it. My immediate powo is skittles. Followed by eggwhite a2 milk and a Bobo oat bite. So that meal would fit in fine with me especially if body was starving.
On my high carb day I go with Mike and Ikes post workout along with egg whites.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Thanks for all the input. For those who are interested....if you buy salmon at Costco to eat raw (I've done it for years), only do it with the farm raised salmon. It is my understanding that the wild salmon puts you at risk for parasites, whereas the farmed does not. I've probably eaten around 100lbs from Costco over the years and have never had a parasite. Their ahi is pretty good raw as well.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I wouldn’t risk it either wild or farm raised unless it’s sushi grade. Which as long as you follow the instructions for freezing to kill everything you’ll be all good.

Also, you can get the pound of smoked salmon too, it’s reasonably priced

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic