Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Reverse Shoulder Replacement and Weight Training

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Has anyone had a reverse shoulder done and was able to continue lifting enough to stay in shape (not compete or lift heavy) after recovery? Looks like I'm headed that way and some docs say you can't lift more than 20 lbs others allow a little more aggressive approach along with racquet sports, swimming etc.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Has anyone had a reverse shoulder done and was able to continue lifting enough to stay in shape (not compete or lift heavy) after recovery? Looks like I'm headed that way and some docs say you can't lift more than 20 lbs others allow a little more aggressive approach along with racquet sports, swimming etc.
@Wilson6, I had a long talk with my shoulder surgeon about this very subject. He told me if I did the reverse shoulder surgery, which is all I can do, I will not be able to lift more than 20lbs or it will put the repair risk of failure. He assured my my lifting days as I know it are over. I refuse to go that way even though I am in a lot of pain. I am not interested in doing any other activities.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic