Members
Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Red meat is not a health risk. New study slams years of shoddy research

Druss

Druss

Oct 23, 2022
Studies have been linking red meat consumption to health problems like heart disease, stroke, and cancer for years, but these invariably suffer from methodological limitations.

• In an unprecedented effort, health scientists at the University of Washington scrutinized decades of research on red meat consumption and its links to various health outcomes, introducing a new way to assess health risks in the process.
  • They only found weak evidence that unprocessed red meat consumption is linked to colorectal cancer, breast cancer, type 2 diabetes, and ischemic heart disease, and no link at all between eating red meat and stroke.
https://www.healthdata.org/research...ption-unprocessed-red-meat-burden-proof-study

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9556326/

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Agreed. It always seems silly to me when these foods (like red meat) that our evolutionary ancestors ate for millions of years are suddenly considered dangerous to us. There are Inuit people living on diets of meat and greasy blubber and they're not all dropping dead in their 40's and 50's like the anti-meat crowd seems to expect.

And even when a commonality is found in these studies it's often correlation not causation that is the link. For instance, it could be that for some reason that the type of people drawn to diets high in meat happen to be the same people coincidently at risk of certain health issues.

The human body is complex with millions of little adaptive systems affecting each other in unknown ways. And there's still so many unknown unknowns affecting our biology.

As for me, I intend to keep trying to eat mostly food that our ancestors ate.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
All things in moderation....unless you're bulking!

Red meat will never go out of my diet....and a lot of these studies are based upon people eating ridiculous amounts of red meat every meal, already fat, etc. Keep the fat in check and eat a variety of proteins, and red meat will not hurt you.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
I never cook it. I eat it red with a light thin surface burn. I do a quick double flip sizzle.

Reactions: CFM
Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
Well this is good to hear. Love me some red meat.

It's always funny these things that are so bad for you eventually turn out not be be so bad. I remember the war on eating whole eggs. Coffee was going to kill everyone who drank it. Now eggs are a super food and coffee has been proven to have so many benefits.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
more for us translates to increase in IQ. If you move someone with a lesser protein amino acid diet they'll suffer cognitively. The queers are into the fake meat pushed bobby gates. ;)

• Haha
jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
more for us translates to increase in IQ. If you move someone with a lesser protein amino acid diet they'll suffer cognitively. The queers are into the fake meat pushed bobby gates. ;)
Yep, Gates is a turd that the world would be a better place if he was not in it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic