Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Recovering hamstring pull

D

Desertheathen

Oct 27, 2015
I am working f o. Getting ready for a military style physical exam I make it through the entire test fine except that I had to pull out of the mile and a half run. Maybey I should mention that I am 43 years old. Any recommendations o. A training regimen

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
I'm kind of confused about your post... Did you already take the exam, or are you prepping for it? I pulled both of my hamstrings over the summer (both at different times, both because I was an idiot). Foam rolling was the best thing for me. Took FOREVER to return to normal.

D

Desertheathen

Oct 27, 2015
So now my hamstring is feeling fine..

D

Desertheathen

Oct 27, 2015
Sorry for the confusion I posted it in a hurry. I already did the test once and failed because I I couldn't complete the run because of the pulled hamstring. I'm planning on doing it again in the next month. And I'm looking for good options to keep from pulling the hamstring again

Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Keep hydrated, stretch, and get warmed up before you run again.

D

Desertheathen

Oct 27, 2015
Think it was the hydration that got me it doesn't help it is in Arizona

S

smash

Apr 30, 2013
Muscles usually feel better generally after a tear before they are actually ready to be put through a maximal test. What grade tear was it? Your age is also a factor. It is hard to tell from your posts how long it has been since the initial injury but 1 to 2 months might not be enough. Use progression as you come back from the injury. Personally, I wouldn't be risking a maximal test for a few months, if it tears again you could end up with a more serious issue.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic