Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Receptor saturation and gains

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
It's pretty clear what I'm on the fence about. The fact that a certain amount of test, e.g. 300mg maintains a certain amount of muscle aka has an upper limit. If you were to reach the absolute max at 500mg and then dropped to 300mg, you would then lose a predetermined and calculated amount of muscle.

Wouldn't it be interesting to know how much muscle is the upper limit of 300mg? I think it would definitely put things in perspective for many people in regards to the amounts of testosterone they actually use.

Gixxer what I think about from your statement is at the other end of the spectrum, do these guys taking 5,7,10+ grams of gear actually get any additional muscle?
I mean can you eat enough and can your internal organs break down enough to be assimilated into new muscle tissue?
I really think not...but again, Im not some endocrinologist who really understands it like that.
I think theres a medium range where you get good gains, and your dosage isnt exceedingly high.
Genetics will play a factor here as some people do start off from day 1 with more receptors maybe thats part of being genetically elite?

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
ketsugo - thanks for your enlightening posts.

Gixxer what I think about from your statement is at the other end of the spectrum, do these guys taking 5,7,10+ grams of gear actually get any additional muscle?
I mean can you eat enough and can your internal organs break down enough to be assimilated into new muscle tissue?
I really think not...but again, Im not some endocrinologist who really understands it like that.
I think theres a medium range where you get good gains, and your dosage isnt exceedingly high.
Genetics will play a factor here as some people do start off from day 1 with more receptors maybe thats part of being genetically elite?

Good point, AJ. If the author states that "x" amount of testosterone will maintain "y" (a finite number) of muscle, couldn't it be implied that muscle growth, in itself is also linear? What I mean is, if you have not reached the muscle limiting factor, or "y," of 300mgs of test and you are currently taking 1000mgs, are you seeing any additional benefit? I believe that we are now saying the same thing, differently. I think maybe it could also be implied that "x" amount of test will maintain "y" amount of muscle no matter whose body. How quickly we gain muscle, however, (like you mentioned those with more receptors or other genetically positive pre-dispositions to gaining muscle) may be the difference person to person. Just some food for thought.

Reactions: SAD
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011

That is an interesting thought........

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
ketsugo - thanks for your enlightening posts.

Good point, AJ. If the author states that "x" amount of testosterone will maintain "y" (a finite number) of muscle, couldn't it be implied that muscle growth, in itself is also linear? What I mean is, if you have not reached the muscle limiting factor, or "y," of 300mgs of test and you are currently taking 1000mgs, are you seeing any additional benefit? I believe that we are now saying the same thing, differently. I think maybe it could also be implied that "x" amount of test will maintain "y" amount of muscle no matter whose body. How quickly we gain muscle, however, (like you mentioned those with more receptors or other genetically positive pre-dispositions to gaining muscle) may be the difference person to person. Just some food for thought.

I agree that would seem to stand to reason. I know one of my friends was put on TRT about 3 years ago, they gave him some miniscule amount of test cyp (cant remember the exact amount) usually I like to run right at 1gram for me, he had furious side effects but at the same time he blew the fuck up way faster than I could ever hope to on 1 gram.
I told him to drop down the dosage (back then you got a kit from FLA, they got busted a cpl years after) so he did and it was much more tolerable, now I cant tell if he had more or less receptors but something in his body made a drop of test go 20 times what it did in mine ever.
So I think this dosage is dependent on the person, we all know people who use test and their balls dont shrink and they dont get acne etc...and then we know some that looking at the vial gives them gyno...human physiology and biochemistry is highly unique to the individual....again I think it takes some trial and error to learn the optimum dose but those especially high doses are just unnecessary IMHO.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Kinda late on finding this but just to clarify, I dont have anything to back up my thoughts on the subject. Any response i have given in the past was and is is almost always based on bro-science i have picked up along the way. No proof, scientific explanations, or citations. But i never claim to really know what im talking about either.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
What are you implying by tolerance? You stop growing off 500mg test because there is a limit to how much muscle mass can be maintained on X amount of hormones, not because your androgen receptors are "clogged" or saturated. For instance, if you were 200lbs all natural and you gained 20lbs of muscle on 500mgs/week, but then let yourself fall back to 200lbs while off-cycle, the same 500mgs/week will always be able to get you back to 220lbs if all else is equal concerning diet/training/sleep.

This is exactly what i have said 1000 times and u guys ignored it.

Receptor saturation is bullshit.

If 500mg of test adds 20lbs of mass, if you drop to 250mg of test your most likely going to lose muscle. Because the body doesnt have a sufficient amount of test to hold onto that mass. Diet/training all included.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic