Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit

Questions for all of the seasoned competitors!

ShortzMcD

ShortzMcD

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
Hey guys!

It's been awhile since I've been on here but finally had some spare time to come back :)
Just have a few questions for any of you figure girls there or anyone really who has a bit of experience about prep/comps etc.

So this March will be my third season of comps. I'm 2 weeks out from IFBB Australasians and planning on doing the All-Female Classic the following week.

I've done a few different styles of prep for my previous shows and had good results (won the first show and third in my last show) and for this prep I am seeing a trainer who has a different, more healthy approach to prep (and really knows his stuff too!)

What I'm mainly interested in knowing is -

* Did you notice many muscle gains between shows (say 5-6 months apart)
* What's your ideal off-season weight gain allowance
* Approx. amount of cardio the last few weeks

I love hearing about other people's preps and what worked/didn't work for them, so please share anything!

Thanks in advance!

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Welcome back! :) I personally haven't done any shows but know there are a couple of ladies on here that have and hopefully they will get back to you very soon! :)

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
First question : 5 to 6 months is lots of time to do a small off season as long as you keep your diet on check. So yes you can add muscle.

2nd question: 10 to 15 lbs I do figure. I believe the women bodybuilders add a lot more but for us 10 to 15 is healthy.

3rd question : amount of cardio depends on how your body looks. If you look like you are ready to step on stage 3 weeks out cardio should be minimal. I also stoped all training 3days before my shows. Can't give you a number unless I see what you look like. More then 2 hours a day is too much which means your diet was not on point.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic