Latest Member
Kuma
What's New?

Putting together a shopping list, need input

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I have moved away from buying tons of powder protein and have started to stick to just the basics, amino's, pre and post workout drinks so I am looking for some suggestions. I have a few products I am looking at but I'm not sure.

For my amino's I am going back with amino decanate from Musclemeds, has all the basics including glutamine which is hard to find in a mixed drink.

Preworkout I am on the fence, I have been using super pump which is my preference, I am looking for more than just speed in a bottle like 1MR or jack. I have tried assault and didn't get anything from it except the tingles, needed a red bull to pick me up. I have tried monster pump and used to like no-xplod but haven't used it in awhile. Anything else good out there?

During/post workout I have been using size on competition the low carb version. Thinking about going back to IGF DES so I might switch to the full carb version. Alternatives are Dark Matter and Karbolic. I think the Karbolic is just a waxy maize type product.

Looking to stock up, got a bonus check coming and 20% off an entire purchase at Vitamin Shoppe.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Halotestin 30 minutes before lifting.....it's very impressive!

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
Halotestin 30 minutes before lifting.....it's very impressive!

thinking of trying this on leg days!

i like using jackd b/f the gym and normally just have a Dymatize protein shake then some sammiches when i get home. I take the basics, aminos, daily vitamins, fish oil, creatine and glutamine....good luck

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Hmm, halo on a 2 on 2 off cycle for 52 weeks? Something says I'll be dead at around week 10....

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
Nobody said to run it that long........Bro

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think a lot of the supps on the market are a rip off... Some creatine monohydrate and maybe a new approach to dieting? I stopped spending all my hard earned money on supps and I haven't noticed a difference. Except I got bigger cause I wasn't drinking so much crap and could eat more... And spent some of the money on a bunch of TNE. That shit is awesome pre workout!

kingkrazy1012

kingkrazy1012

Dec 1, 2011
I think a lot of the supps on the market are a rip off... Some creatine monohydrate and maybe a new approach to dieting? I stopped spending all my hard earned money on supps and I haven't noticed a difference. Except I got bigger cause I wasn't drinking so much crap and could eat more... And spent some of the money on a bunch of TNE. That shit is awesome pre workout!

I have tried a testace and DBOL brew P/W and am loving it . it is my first time withit and could. E hooked

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
20% off an entire purchase at Vitamin Shoppe.

Bro Vitamin Shoppe is a fucking rip off just like GNC. Order your supps online. I just got a TON of shit from supplementwarehouse.com

They guarantee to beat ANYBODYS price and if u find a better price they will beat it by 5%. I actually created my own website "selling supps at a very cheap price" lol and they beat the prices by 5%. Stay away from those big stores Vitamin Shoppe, Vitamin World and GNC..Stick to online stores

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I compared prices between V Shoppe and Bodybuilding.com and they were pretty close in cost and 20% off that takes them below BB.com. I don't have time shop a few different places.

upstatetank

upstatetank

Dec 7, 2012
I have moved away from buying tons of powder protein and have started to stick to just the basics, amino's, pre and post workout drinks so I am looking for some suggestions. I have a few products I am looking at but I'm not sure.

For my amino's I am going back with amino decanate from Musclemeds, has all the basics including glutamine which is hard to find in a mixed drink.

Preworkout I am on the fence, I have been using super pump which is my preference, I am looking for more than just speed in a bottle like 1MR or jack. I have tried assault and didn't get anything from it except the tingles, needed a red bull to pick me up. I have tried monster pump and used to like no-xplod but haven't used it in awhile. Anything else good out there?
I think it depends upon what you're looking for out of a preworkout (focus, energy or pumps?) For focus (which is most important factor to me!), anything containing DMAA has worked well for me, until recently. I developed a percieved 'tolerance' to DMAA and have switched off to non-DMAA supps for the time being. DS Craze was a good replacement...good focus/energy. C4 by cellucor was a nice alternative as well, decent focus/energy combined with pretty good pumps :)

During/post workout I have been using size on competition the low carb version. Thinking about going back to IGF DES so I might switch to the full carb version. Alternatives are Dark Matter and Karbolic. I think the Karbolic is just a waxy maize type product.

Looking to stock up, got a bonus check coming and 20% off an entire purchase at Vitamin Shoppe. nono to Vit Shoppe. supp warehouse, dps nutrition, or vitaglo.com have some better prices :)

in bold, i tried!

Tiny

Tiny

Dec 12, 2011
Are there still problems with supplement warehouse stealing credit card information? Considering their history, I wouldn't chance it.

I stick with lockout supplements or dps.

In regards to your original question. I only use cheap creatine, optimum protein, and various preworkout stims from time to time.

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
Man, I wish I could still find stuff with DMAA, does anyone know where its hiding? I had tried Cellucor when it first came out, didn't notice much except it tasted great!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic