Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Push/Pull Events only?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I'm looking at upcoming events in WA, OR, and CA and every single one of them is Push Pull!
I'm looking for a full meet with squat, bench and deadlift. What's the deal?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Have you checked PL watch?

That's what I checked. I guess most of them have squatting but for some reason that left it out in the description?
I called one of the events that posted PP, PL, DL, BP and they said yes it's a full meet with squatting so IDK why it's left out but it's there!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Push-Pull events seem to be common in federations that use a monolift. I can't help but wonder if it's because the Promoters/Organizers don't want to lug those monstrosities around?

That's what I checked. I guess most of them have squatting but for some reason that left it out in the description?
I called one of the events that posted PP, PL, DL, BP and they said yes it's a full meet with squatting so IDK why it's left out but it's there!
yeah, PL Watch is pretty spotty when it comes to publicizing meets. I usually just go to the federations' websites that compete in my area.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
There is one coming up Oct 10 in Clackamas.

Website: www.powerliftingwatch.com there is a search button which will allow you to choose different filters.

Years ago there was one meet called the West Coast Open. Doyle Kennedy and his team put it on. This has since gone away. (A great meet though!)

At least this site is worth looking at.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
There is one coming up Oct 10 in Clackamas.

Website: www.powerliftingwatch.com there is a search button which will allow you to choose different filters.

Years ago there was one meet called the West Coast Open. Doyle Kennedy and his team put it on. This has since gone away. (A great meet though!)

At least this site is worth looking at.

That's what I looked at and it said PP (push pull) dl (deadlift) bp (bench press). It did not have SQ for squat...but I called and they said there will be squatting.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011

The PL in the description stands for power lifting , which generally means all 3 lifts.

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
I noticed there is still the West Coast Regionals. A few years ago they still held the West Coast Open. Newport has some nice meets. Although, double check. There is a local comp in my area each year but, it's push pull only.

My coach and friends are National Rank Judges for most the comps here in OR.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic