Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Pulled Muscle In My Back

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Yeah, the serratus has a lot of functions and it gets mixed up with rotator cuff and other upper back injuries.
It plays a major role in scapular articulation especially adduction/abduction, when your dieted it appears as the 'fingers' in the rib cage and wraps around until it hits the rhomboid.

The referral areas are shown below in the diagram.

serratus-anterior-trigger-points2.gif

You can see that the muscle lies beneath the sacupla and that its interconnectivity with the ribs are why I made the guess it could be serratus related since he mentioned twisting the posterior serratus can also be a culprit but its a bit lower usually.
If your having trouble pushing out at lock out its a good indication if the pain occurs there you have some sort of pull on the serratus.
Barring a major tear I have personlly pulled this muscle two times and am always amazed how quickly it heals.

thanks bro. yea, it sounds like what i did as well. although after a weekend of rest and a couple muscle relaxers it feels a lot better today. still gonna stay outta the gym one more day though just to be safe

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
thanks bro. yea, it sounds like what i did as well. although after a weekend of rest and a couple muscle relaxers it feels a lot better today. still gonna stay outta the gym one more day though just to be safe

ICE, its one of the best things for injury and best part is its free, but it does suck I know, I hate some cold.

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
don't go to a chiro, rancor. they can't do anything for what you're describing

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic