Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Protein powder vs Meat

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
Alright, I get the largest portion of my protein from Whey protein powders. I have various meat in my daily lunch and also cottage cheese as a snack. Is it bad for fat loss or overall diet if I get the majority of my protein from powder?

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
I don't see it as being "bad" as in terms of diet but you'll be missing out on all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals that we get from whole foods.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Give me real food over a shake any day. I don't care if it is fish, pork, beef, chicken, would much rather get my nutrients from meat.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Hey if it is working for you keep doing it.

Are you losing fat with your current setup?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I would be constantly hungry if I tried that. Shakes don't fill me at all.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
I prefer food as well. Most of my diet is made up of eggs and meat.

I have 2 scoops of whey mixed with water along with my 1/2 dozen eggs every morning though. But that's it.

How many scoops of whey are you taking per day?

R

Rai080

MuscleHead
Sep 11, 2013
If I had to chose it would be whole foods, but if it came down to drinking it or not get the protein in then I would drink it.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
Whey is a supplement and should be treated as such.

Samson

Samson

MuscleHead
Dec 8, 2013
Alright, I get the largest portion of my protein from Whey protein powders. I have various meat in my daily lunch and also cottage cheese as a snack. Is it bad for fat loss or overall diet if I get the majority of my protein from powder?

Might want to work on real food as other have said. Only time I use powders is if I'm in a big hurry or adding calories on a bulk. I just can't eat that much real food bulking.

Samson

A

audix2359

May 23, 2012
Whey is good so there is no problem if you get most of your protein from whey. For me it really depends on what I'm doing. If I am cutting, I really limit my powder because I get hungrier faster. If I am bulking I might up the powder just to get more calories in. In the end it really makes no difference, just do what works for you.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Food has many unclassified nutrients enzymes that you need, I mean look at the egg- the yolk is actually the most concentrated nutrient dense part of it, the whites may have great protein but all antioxidants and enzymes are in the yolk . Whites just high quality protien minimal fat but our body that our muscles share a space with require more than protien to function it's best

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic