Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Preworkout insulin use.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
How do you do it and what's the logic/science behind why you do it that way?

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
The logic behind it is, why use slin to rebuild muscle after exercise instead of never letting it be torn down in the first place. Taking slin pre-workout with the right combination of shakes etc will allow you to shuttle nutrients into the muscle so that it can begin repairing AS you are working out.

As for how, see if you can google milos's protocol. It also keeps fat accumulation lower since you are burning the excess carbs right as you are working out.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Well, I have read Milos protocol and while I disagree on the why, I agree on the when. For me the why is to drive nutrients into the muscle while blood is pumping through it vs. after (muscles need to break down to grow) when you are behind the 8 ball. The interesting thing is that slin will only shuttle certain AA's to the cell and blood flow is needed to deliver the rest. So, between the slin and training you have pushed precious nutrients into you muscle during your training. Anothe bonus is that if you limit CHO (carbs to PRW only) than insulin up to a max of 9iu's (I stay at 7iu's) will actually prime your GH receptors if you use peptides and/or hgh.

Here is how I do it:

1/2hr PRW shoot 7iu of slin
1/2hr PRW drink of 5g CM,5g Luecine,4gr beta alanine,4g glycine, 2 scoops jack3d, 1 scoop gatorade, 12 oz coconut water

Intra workout 20g EAA's

PWO shoot 100mcg of each GRF-1 & IPAM
wait 20 minutes pin 2iu hgh
wait 5 and chug 2 scoops whey,5g luecine,5g CM

Wait about an hr. and have a whole food meal.

This has been the most effective protocol in conjunction with AAS that I have ever tried.

Hope that helped,
Hawk

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
The pumps you get with slin are ridiculous! lol

Insulin has an effect on increasing NO production, which is the partial reason for its effects on vasodilation,By taking NSAIDS (which blocks all COX enzymes) muscle vasodilation is reduced. Insulin induces an endothelium-dependent vasodilation in normal arteries; however, it's been demonstrated that the mechanism is primarily COX enzyme dependent.
Insulin also acts similar to exercise-induced hyperemia, (Hyperemia describes the increase of blood flow in response to exercise), where muscle blood flow increases to provide sufficient oxygen and nutrients to support muscle contraction.

Just a reminder Don't take NSAIDS if you don't need them with your insulin cause it will reduce it's effects.

Good information I learned from a good Bio/SO/chemist.

Chicken_Hawk I like your approach with slin Pre-WO and PWO.

Last edited:
osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
Well, I have read Milos protocol and while I disagree on the why, I agree on the when. For me the why is to drive nutrients into the muscle while blood is pumping through it vs. after (muscles need to break down to grow) when you are behind the 8 ball. The interesting thing is that slin will only shuttle certain AA's to the cell and blood flow is needed to deliver the rest. So, between the slin and training you have pushed precious nutrients into you muscle during your training. Anothe bonus is that if you limit CHO (carbs to PRW only) than insulin up to a max of 9iu's (I stay at 7iu's) will actually prime your GH receptors if you use peptides and/or hgh.

Here is how I do it:

1/2hr PRW drink of 5g CM,5g Luecine,4gr beta alanine,4g glycine, 2 scoops jack3d, 1 scoop gatorade, 12 oz coconut water

Intra workout 20g EAA's

This has been the most effective protocol in conjunction with AAS that I have ever tried.

Hope that helped,
Hawk
CH,

we said the exact same why=-) We both said to provide the nutrients when you need them versus after you are done working out, i believe you used 'behind the 8ball'=-) Maybe i am confused, did you disagree with milos's why since you and i are talking about the exact same thing. I have never been privvy to the why of milos's protocol from the man himself so i am always interested to learn.

O

slayer

slayer

Jun 19, 2011

Here is how I do it:

Intra workout 20g EAA's

Hope that helped,
Hawk
is prework out the only way you use slin? or do you shoot it multiple times per day?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Here is how I do it:

Intra workout 20g EAA's

Hope that helped,
Hawk

I like the looks of this a lot and will be trying something similar over the next few weeks. What brand of EAAs do you use?

The pumps you get with slin are ridiculous! lol

Insulin has an effect on increasing NO production, which is the partial reason for its effects on vasodilation,By taking NSAIDS (which blocks all COX enzymes) muscle vasodilation is reduced. Insulin induces an endothelium-dependent vasodilation in normal arteries; however, it's been demonstrated that the mechanism is primarily COX enzyme dependent.
Insulin also acts similar to exercise-induced hyperemia, (Hyperemia describes the increase of blood flow in response to exercise), where muscle blood flow increases to provide sufficient oxygen and nutrients to support muscle contraction.

Just a reminder Don't take NSAIDS if you don't need them with your insulin cause it will reduce it's effects.

Good information I learned from a good Bio/SO/chemist.

Chicken_Hawk I like your approach with slin Pre-WO and PWO.

Great info Shine. Thanks.

CH,

we said the exact same why=-) We both said to provide the nutrients when you need them versus after you are done working out, i believe you used 'behind the 8ball'=-) Maybe i am confused, did you disagree with milos's why since you and i are talking about the exact same thing. I have never been privvy to the why of milos's protocol from the man himself so i am always interested to learn.

O

Don't mean to speak for CH, but what I gather is that he's is disputing the whole "never let it breakdown in the first place" concept. The muscle HAS to break down in order to rebuild, so it's not that it never breaks down, it's just that it is immediately starting to repair vs. waiting until you're "behind the 8 ball".

Either way, the use is similar. I read Mutant's protocol over on another board, and it is intriguing, but a little too much for a first time GH and slin user. An adaptation of that is perfect for me.

Thanks for all your help guys. I'll update this occasionally with results and the protocol I wind up sticking with.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I like the looks of this a lot and will be trying something similar over the next few weeks. What brand of EAAs do you use?

A full spectrum of EEA's are hard to find, but I use Primaforce which is being discontinued..when it does I switch back to champion nutrition "Amino Shooter"

Great info Shine. Thanks.

Don't mean to speak for CH, but what I gather is that he's is disputing the whole "never let it breakdown in the first place" concept. The muscle HAS to break down in order to rebuild, so it's not that it never breaks down, it's just that it is immediately starting to repair vs. waiting until you're "behind the 8 ball".

Exactly, I am in full agreement with Osiris, but disagree with Milos idea that using slin PRW prevents breakdown. And behind the 8ball simply meant why wait till after your workout to feed your precious muscle cells :)

Thanks for all your help guys. I'll update this occasionally with results and the protocol I wind up sticking with.

PRW slin is really a step in the right direction when it comes to muscle building science.

Hawk

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
CH,

O

If you read above that should clarify any misunderstanding, and honestly I am not an authority on slin or peps. I have done alot of reading and have some real smart friend who put up with me and my questions, but I think alot of our methodology and applications are similar even if we arrived at it from different roads. Look forward to more discussion.

Hawk

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
PRW slin is really a step in the right direction when it comes to muscle building science.

Hawk

CH,

i agree 110%. I think slin itself is an awesome think. I mean IMO, and i am by no means an expert,i think the holy trinity of this hobby is:
Test
GH
SLIN

We create a great hormonal environment for muscle cells to grow, we (disputably) cause hyperplasia, and then we forcefeed nutrients into the system to keep everything completely fuled for the growth process.

I think we definitely are arriving at the same conclusions and opinions. Slin is awesome and pre-workout is great for a number of reasons. I have not seen too many people use slin pre-workout and get fat either. I cannot same for those who use it post-workout.

This off-season i am going to do something like humalog 3x day(prewortkout.....dc training) and do this 3x a week. Somethign basic and simple along with 4iu gh and a LOW base of test.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
CH,

i agree 110%. I think slin itself is an awesome think. I mean IMO, and i am by no means an expert,i think the holy trinity of this hobby is:
Test
GH
SLIN

We create a great hormonal environment for muscle cells to grow, we (disputably) cause hyperplasia, and then we forcefeed nutrients into the system to keep everything completely fuled for the growth process.

I think we definitely are arriving at the same conclusions and opinions. Slin is awesome and pre-workout is great for a number of reasons. I have not seen too many people use slin pre-workout and get fat either. I cannot same for those who use it post-workout.

This off-season i am going to do something like humalog 3x day(prewortkout.....dc training) and do this 3x a week. Somethign basic and simple along with 4iu gh and a LOW base of test.

How will you be running the 4iu of GH? Split or all postworkout? Or a combo of both, depending on whether or not it's a workout day?

osiris

osiris

May 9, 2011
How will you be running the 4iu of GH? Split or all postworkout? Or a combo of both, depending on whether or not it's a workout day?

I actually like fasted cardio in the offseason at a low intensity, so with doing dc training I willmost likely take 1/2 gh pre fasted cardio on those days and 1/2 post workout. I will probabky just split the remaining days 1/2 morning and 1/2 prebed

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic