Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Preloaded Pins

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
Anyone ever have problems with contamination from plunger rubber in preloaded pins that sat around too long?

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
I have pre loaded pins for a couple weeks at a time no worries.
But not for months

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have had breakdown with some "bathtub" gear but never with most UGLs or Pharma stuff. I've taken preloads on trips where they were sitting for 3+ weeks with no issues.

B

Bigwhite

MuscleHead
Mar 20, 2013
Two weeks at a time is what I do. No issues. Why, have you heard something?

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
Only happened to me when using gear with EO in it.....but that 4-5 yrs ago.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
Two weeks at a time is what I do. No issues. Why, have you heard something?

not really BW. I've let preloads sit around for weeks also with no probs, but a friend called who preloaded 10 of them and let them set for a couple of MONTHS.

my suggestion was to push it all back into a vial using a whatman 22um, just to be on the safe side. can't really tell whether it is EO or not

I imagine that if they were contamined, he'd be looking at a nice, red, swollen abcess if injected.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Sometimes the solvents used can break down the plunger in time. You would not want to leave in for a lengthy period of time....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
not really BW. I've let preloads sit around for weeks also with no probs, but a friend called who preloaded 10 of them and let them set for a couple of MONTHS.

my suggestion was to push it all back into a vial using a whatman 22um, just to be on the safe side. can't really tell whether it is EO or not

I imagine that if they were contamined, he'd be looking at a nice, red, swollen abcess if injected.

A whatman won't remove chemicals though. So say the EO does degrade the plunger that won't help. It will prevent infection of course.

Why preload if I may ask?

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
A whatman won't remove chemicals though. So say the EO does degrade the plunger that won't help. It will prevent infection of course.

Why preload if I may ask?

he was suppose to go out of town on business but uncertain as to when, so he preloaded them so he could leave at a moments notice. been almost 3 months now and he was getting concerned. I didn't have a good answer for him.

getting back to what you said, though. out of curiousity - what if EO did break it down chemically and of course it went through the whatman - what is the liability if the filter will prevent the infection? any?

Ripitup

Ripitup

MuscleHead
Aug 29, 2013
I don't preload all that much but I certainly have from time to time and have never had a problem.

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
Never preloaded gear with guicol or eo. Turns the rubber to jelly.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
I never had the need to preload.... If i go away on a trip or somthing ill just bring a vile and some pins...
Guess it would be different if u are on some big crazy cycle but even then i think id just dump it all in a 20 ml vile n hit the road

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic