Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

Post Workout Snack Challenge

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I need some suggestions. I've been out of the gym 7 weeks because of an intercostal muscle and just got back into it. I switch gyms in the mean time, and now I go straight from work. Point it, I have an hour commute home, and lose my appetite on the drive after working out...bad.

I'm going to eat a heavy protein diet, but my cholesterol is a little high. Not a full blown CKD, but trying to keep carbs down. I don't bring food from work, then to the gym so I can eat, I do when I get home. My challenge is this;

What gas station food daily should I get that doesn't screw up my diet? I'd say $3 budget for that "meal" alone, not muscle milk (mix a water/protein at the gym).

Dking13

Dking13

May 30, 2013
I always drink low fat chocolate milk in a situation like that... 24-32oz but if you're trying to keep carbs down that's prolly not a good option. Beef jerky????

Last edited:
Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Gas station food I'd have to agree beef jerk is the only choice I can think of. It is low carbs, lean and high in protein but high salt. Just pick up a bag not those lame sticks as they are high in fat typically, you want the dried stuff. You probably won't eat a whole bag so you have it for your next workout.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Beef Jerky, a bag of unsalted or salted nuts or trail mix.

They have Muscle Milk shakes in the fridge.

They also have protein bars and stuff you can choose from. Power bars are good. They have some extra sugar in them, but they have protein also. They taste pretty good also.

You can also buy a pint of milk !

That's all I can think of.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
I would go to Walmart and grab a big bag of blue diamond RAW almonds and eat them. I use to keep a bag in my truck

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Nuts, jerkey, vienna sausages . . . cheese sticks . . .

Turkey sandwich, roast beef sandwich, ham sandwich, egg salad sandwich. Some of those gas station sandwiches aren't half bad. If carbs are an issue, drop the bread and eat the meat with cheese and lettuce.

Last edited:
jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Gas stations by me have 4 packs of hard boiled eggs

georgia21

georgia21

Aug 30, 2010
Pickled eggs, pickles, slim jims and beef jerky do the job well.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Gas stations by me have 4 packs of hard boiled eggs

You would really eat gas station eggs?

OP, get a shaker bottle. Put pow drink powder or protein & Gatorade powder. Add water when ready, drink on drive home.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
be careful going with a low carb diet becaue of your cholesterol. Many of the foods that are used to lower cholesterol are actually carb sources, like beans, fruits etc.

Everyone is different. A high protein diet alone (lots of meats) can also raise cholesterol. There is SOME research out there indicating this isn't accurate, but there are tons of articles out there that indicate it is. Make sure you get a variety of protein sources, not just from red meat and chicken.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic