Members
Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Post a Picture of Your Motorcycle

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
124ci. 138 hp and 142 ft lbs of tq. That was on the Horsepower Inc dyno. Myself and Eric at HPI feel the pipe is holding the engine back a little. That and at the time of tune I just had a v&h high flow stock air cleaner. He wants me to get a race tuner and run it piggy back with my power commander. The bike should be in the 150's in hp and tq as most of tmans setups with 124's are in that range. I just cant justify the extra money right now. new pipe new tuner then the cost of the tune. Hell I have over a $1000 just in tunes from HPI. I've updated the air cleaner since just havent done anythign with a the pipe. And with the big boar bikes like mine sometimes the compression will make the engine think its knocking ant trip the knock sensor and retard the timing a little. So hence the reason for the race tuner piggy back with the power commander. The race tuner has the ability to shut the knock sensor completely off...

Last edited:
B

billet5

Feb 14, 2012
124ci. 138 hp and 142 ft lbs of tq. That was on the Horsepower Inc dyno. Myself and Eric at HPI feel the pipe is holding the engine back a little. That and at the time of tune I just had a v&h high flow stock air cleaner. He wants me to get a race tuner and run it piggy back with my power commander. The bike should be in the 150's in hp and tq as most of tmans setups with 124's are in that range. I just cant justify the extra money right now. new pipe new tuner then the cost of the tune. Hell I have over a $1000 just in tunes from HPI. I've updated the air cleaner since just havent done anythign with a the pipe. And with the big boar bikes like mine sometimes the compression will make the engine think its knocking ant trip the knock sensor and retard the timing a little. So hence the reason for the race tuner piggy back with the power commander. The race tuner has the ability to shut the knock sensor completely off...
Damn, thats some engine! I know a bunch of guys that dont like the power commanders at all, one of which has the 120r in his bike and wheelies it, burn outs, really aggressive riding. I dont know enough about it, myself. I cant imagine running that much hp. Im starting to manufacture some parts specifically for dynas. Risers 10" and 12", fuse panel cover that looks like stock but will hold your "paperwork" or if you are in a state which you are allowed...a subcompact, a skid plate for exhause up by the motor for those of us that grind it in the turns, and a couple other things.

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
Damn, thats some engine! I know a bunch of guys that dont like the power commanders at all, one of which has the 120r in his bike and wheelies it, burn outs, really aggressive riding. I dont know enough about it, myself. I cant imagine running that much hp. Im starting to manufacture some parts specifically for dynas. Risers 10" and 12", fuse panel cover that looks like stock but will hold your "paperwork" or if you are in a state which you are allowed...a subcompact, a skid plate for exhause up by the motor for those of us that grind it in the turns, and a couple other things.
Taking off and shifting into second, wide open and dump the clutch the front end is coming up no matter what. When I have my ol lady on the back I just take off and wack the throttle and she stands up. Hard on front fenders though...Thing comes down like lead shit. I had to put barnett kevlar clutch plates in it and a lock up clutch to get it to hold the power. When I first built it and took it to Horsepower to get it tuned it smoked the factory clutch on the dyno. I had to put 60lb injectors in it also. I'll figure a way to post some pics... When you say risers you talking handle bar risers??? I keep my registration/insurance in a plastic baggy inside my fuse panel cover. It'd be cool to keep my piece there but not sure howd you'd get to it fast enough if you needed it.. When I had a thunder header i used to scrape the ground with it but i had a lowering kit front and back. I took that shit off, to stiff of a ride.

B

billet5

Feb 14, 2012
Taking off and shifting into second, wide open and dump the clutch the front end is coming up no matter what. When I have my ol lady on the back I just take off and wack the throttle and she stands up. Hard on front fenders though...Thing comes down like lead shit. I had to put barnett kevlar clutch plates in it and a lock up clutch to get it to hold the power. When I first built it and took it to Horsepower to get it tuned it smoked the factory clutch on the dyno. I had to put 60lb injectors in it also. I'll figure a way to post some pics... When you say risers you talking handle bar risers??? I keep my registration/insurance in a plastic baggy inside my fuse panel cover. It'd be cool to keep my piece there but not sure howd you'd get to it fast enough if you needed it.. When I had a thunder header i used to scrape the ground with it but i had a lowering kit front and back. I took that shit off, to stiff of a ride.

I'll let you know when the side cover is done....its going to be a little while, I want to design it right so the fuses are still accessible. Yeah, I'm talking about risers.....death squad out of oceanside sells them for about 350.00 a set, mine are going to be around 260.00 I think. My front end is stock height and the rear is the newer progressive 970 piggyback shocks. Rides great. I really want ride a wheelie...too much of a pussy i guess for now, lol.

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
Billet, it would be sick if you made a set of risers to fit pro taper motor cross bars that bolt to the harley triple tree. I've been wanting to put a set of pro tapers on my bike for a few years now. I have the capabilities myself I just havent made the time. I have a bridgeport mill with digital x y axis and a south bend lathe. Anyways I think a set of pro tapers would look badass on my bike.

B

billet5

Feb 14, 2012
Billet, it would be sick if you made a set of risers to fit pro taper motor cross bars that bolt to the harley triple tree. I've been wanting to put a set of pro tapers on my bike for a few years now. I have the capabilities myself I just havent made the time. I have a bridgeport mill with digital x y axis and a south bend lathe. Anyways I think a set of pro tapers would look badass on my bike.

I think my risers will work on those. What diameter is the bar in the center where they mount, 1"? I am making my own top clamp to fit my risers that will allow the speedo to be up top as well. Or in your case, since you have a super glide, you could use the harley clamp with the dummy lights and your speedo as the top clamp to the risers. I have a couple bridgeports, a couple of hardinge tool room lathes, a big lathe, and 2 cnc mills. Plus a big sheet metal fabrication shop next door, lol (my dad owns that). Thats why I'm starting to make some stuff, I enjoy the motorcycle industry a lot more than the other commercial stuff we make.

ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
Wish I could post some pics, but my bike is in the shop. Getting a tuneup, oilchange, and having my guy put it on the dyno. I have an 08 fatboy..all tricked out! 18s(low profile tires), air ride suspension, 123S&S motor, drag bars, vance and hines pipes, and pretty much all chromed out. Ill post up when I get it back. Should be another few weeks. Waiting on a few chrome parts that were on backorder..

Im also picking up a real ostrich hide, and Im having my seat made with it. I have a temporary low profile seat by corbin. I actually called them and see if they would special make me a seat if I provide the hide. They told me the cant.. No biggie, I have someone that is going to do it..

Last edited:
B

billet5

Feb 14, 2012
Wish I could post some pics, but my bike is in the shop. Getting a tuneup, oilchange, and having my guy put it on the dyno. I have an 08 fatboy..all tricked out! 18s(low profile tires), air ride suspension, 123S&S motor, drag bars, vance and hines pipes, and pretty much all chromed out. Ill post up when I get it back. Should be another few weeks. Waiting on a few chrome parts that were on backorder..

Im also picking up a real ostrich hide, and Im having my seat made with it. I have a temporary low profile seat by corbin. I actually called them and see if they would special make me a seat if I provide the hide. They told me the cant.. No biggie, I have someone that is going to do it..

If you have any trouble with your seat guy, Danny Gray seats in california would probably do it.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
Lets see what everybody has, Im still riding an intruder but this harley Rocker C may be in the cards in the next few months.

HD-Rocker_09Blue-01.jpg

SSSSSSWWWWEEEEET!!! I bought my last brand new bike in 02'. Suzuki GSX-R1000. Only because the dealership I dealt with had already sold every Harley on the showroom floor. So it was either a Jap cruiser,or a crotch rocket. I opted for something fast. But now,10 yrs later after all the injuries and accidents I'm ready to settle down a bit and just cruise on something like this. Good luck,man. Bike looks very nice to say the least.

V

vin1080

Oct 22, 2011
gsx-r1000.jpg

This is me doing what I do best. This is why I need a cruiser. I can't help but spend most of the time on one wheel. Especially when your on a bike that can wheelie at well over 140mph. 140-150mph standups and sitdowns were no challange for this thing. 152hp in 2002 was pretty insane. I mopped the floor with most everything I raced back then. Now a days there are way faster bikes. But back then it was pretty nasty.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic