Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Police raid wrong house, kill family dog and make children sit with its bloody corpse

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
NaturalNews) There are times when, despite the potential seriousness of a crime, a little compassion is in order for those and their families, for children cannot be held responsible for the crimes of their parents.

They especially should not be made to suffer if their parents are actually innocent of any crimes.

So it's with no small helping of disdain we bring you the story of a wrongly accused suspect whose family was made to suffer needlessly because a St. Paul, Minn., storm-trooper drug task force kicked in the wrong door.

According to a lawsuit filed in federal court in Minneapolis, members of the St. Paul Police Dept. drug unit broke down the door to the home of lead plaintiff Roberto Franco and shot the family dog before handcuffing all nine occupants - including three children - who were then forced "to sit next to the carcass of their dead and bloody pet for more than an hour." The suit states the anti-drug team continued to search Franco's property even after realizing they raided the wrong house.

It used to be, in America, that you were innocent until proven guilty. Even taking into consideration the dangerous nature of police work, the very act of storming someone's home to make an arrest presumes guilt more than it recognizes a potential danger, making goofs like kicking in the wrong door all the more heinous.

Adding insult to injury by cuffing kids and making them sit next to the family's dead dog is just despicable. You can't make this stuff up.

Try next door

The suit, filed against the officers of the Dakota County Drug Task Force, the St. Paul Police Department, and a federal Drug Enforcement Agency officer who was along for the ride apparently, claims essentially that the task force raided the wrong house, noting that the squad should have gone next door.

Lead plaintiff Franco, in the suit, said Officer Shawn Scovill, who led the raid, "provided false information to a Minnesota District Court judge in order to obtain a search warrant."

"Defendant Scovill lied when he informed the District Court judge who reviewed Scovill's search warrant application that Scovill had obtained information from the confidential informant that the plaintiffs' home was the properly targeted house and that the address and the identity of the individuals who resided therein were the plaintiffs," it says.

The complaint says the suspect named in the warrant is one Rafael Ybarra; Franco wasn't named in the search warrant at all, nor was anyone else living in the home, making the resultant hour-long search of his premises even more difficult to understand.

Officers charged with 'brutalizing' the family

"There was never a mention of the plaintiff, Roberto Franco, in any documents related to the raid search warrant," says the complaint, adding that Franco "had never been discussed or considered a suspect by law enforcement, Scovill, or any of the defendants directly or indirectly involved in the raid, relative to any alleged involvement by Franco in any distribution of contraband prior to the wrong house raid.

Officers burst through Franco's door on the night of July 13, 2010. The complaint said the team acted "negligently" in "raiding the wrong home," charging officers with "brutalizing" all of the home's occupants.

The complaint goes on to say that another plaintiff, Analese Franco, "was forced, virtually naked, from her bed onto the floor at gunpoint by officers," who breached the home "at gun and rifle point."

"Each plaintiff was forced to the floor at gun and rifle point and handcuffed behind their backs," the complaint says. "Defendants shot and killed the family dog and forced the handcuffed children to sit next to the carcass of their dead and bloody pet for more than an hour while defendants continued to search the plaintiffs' home."

The suit seeks $30 million in compensation for civil rights violations and punitive damages.

Regulator

Regulator

VIP Member
Jan 26, 2011
There is problem with kicking in the wrong door but there also is a problem with asking for 30 million.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
I'd like to kick in the door of each of those cops homes and kill there dog as well draw down on all the members of their family. Bastards. Give them 60 million and demote or better yet lock up whomever was in charge of the raid. Fuck them all.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Mexican family the idiots raided? ow hell they will get 30mill then lmao! stupid asses! ha ha ha ha!

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
The 30 million is to ensure it doesn't happen again. Why would they continue to search the house even after they realized it was the wrong house? The evidence would not be admissible. Cops love killing family dogs for some reason. This is like the third article in the past year that these jack boot thugs burst in and shoot the dog.

airagee23

airagee23

MuscleHead
Dec 27, 2010
Hope the cop who did that gets his head blown off

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
I'd like to kick in the door of each of those cops homes and kill there dog as well draw down on all the members of their family. Bastards. Give them 60 million and demote or better yet lock up whomever was in charge of the raid. Fuck them all.

Ben, I will bet you a plate of tamales that leaders of this raid are a by product of affirmative action that probably cant read or write a decent report, much less verify a fucking address. The faimly is lucky to be alive.

Jasthace

Jasthace

MuscleHead
May 29, 2011
$60m is many lives worth of tax payers money.

biggerben692000

biggerben692000

MuscleHead
Feb 3, 2012
Ben, I will bet you a plate of tamales that leaders of this raid are a by product of affirmative action that probably cant read or write a decent report, much less verify a fucking address. The faimly is lucky to be alive.

I have a deep seeded hatred for LE. Affirmative Action or not I hate them all. I hate CO's even more. Its not a very popular stance I take. I know this. Most believe that the police play an important role in putting away rapists and such. My children have been taught not to trust any type of LE. If we were the victims of a home invasion and my kids or ex wife were assaulted we wouldn't call the police.
I wish all corrections officers a miserable and painful death. I wish birth defects on their future children. Anyone or any entity that comes to work and is involved in the warehousing of human beings and or profits off human suffering is evil IMO. I've only done fed time and the sentences they hand down and they way they move individuals far from their families is wrong. They destroy families. They are trying to get the next generation of inmates ready. With DAD 1000 miles away for yrs for small amounts of gear and other drugs is wrong. Fuck them. No excuse.
Some will say I have classic criminal thinking. Maybe. Maybe not. If our gov't wanted to stop the drugs coming from Mexico they would blow the cartels to hell. Instead they create more agencies and spend more money this way. They feds build more prisons. Fuck them.
This is coming from an upper middle class white guy. People look at me and think I'm a cop often. Clean cut, big and in shape. When they ask....I chuckle.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
I'm with Air on this one.... I have no use for LE, they don't keep me safe they are a waste of our taxpayer money so they can hide in bushes and give traffic tickets fucking bullshit and this story is exactly one of the more important reasons they suck!

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I'm fucking speechless on this.....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic