Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Over head presses

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
I do standing overheadpresses. This is my way, I don't do behind the back because it kills my shoulders

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
Seated..feels best with DB's versus the BB.

The reason for being seated is to keep any oblique growth away. On average, the guys who press a lot of weight have big obliques, and big obliques=wider looking waist. I want to keep my waist as thin as possible.

Hua... Good to know, i thought it was just so theres no cheating, maybe ill switch that up...

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I love seated with dumb bells, the new seats in the gym are so low it is hard to knee kick anything over 80's up by yourself though.

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
I usually just stand do a powerclean into a seated position with the dumbells.110 i can do but also do barbell behind neck. Ironically my rotator cuff is so messed up i cant do many other movements. This is really messed up as behind neck presses for the most part considered the most dangerous movement as places body in weak position. Then again im always saying know thyself. Because we all have different needs

craig

craig

Aug 29, 2011
I love seated with dumb bells, the new seats in the gym are so low it is hard to knee kick anything over 80's up by yourself though.

I know what you mean on this. Being tall and sitting in a low ass seat doesn't give you a good angle to pop em up.

I used to do standing BB press but my workout partner wanted to change. We were going up in weight fast and he was getting nervous about standing. We switched over to a seated BB press and we both like it much more. He has a tendancy to go lower to get a longer ROM. After we do BB press we go straight to DB presses. I try to stop at 90 degrees. He once again goes lower.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
hey stuard, why dont you post an introduction in the new members section letting us know how you heard about us or if you were referred?
its not very curteous to hijack someone else's thread with off topic questions...

F.I.S.T.

F.I.S.T.

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2011
hey stuard, why dont you post an introduction in the new members section letting us know how you heard about us or if you were referred?
its not very curteous to hijack someone else's thread with off topic questions...

This guys a spammer who will be posting up a link very soon.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic