Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

oral AAS and liver protection.

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Dr Jim there is more recent pubmed studies indicating that UDCA not only improves the efficiency at which bile is metabolized it also increases mRNA and expression of HGF met which in affect promote the regeneration of the liver ... This has been demonstrated in numerous studies where hepatic function was compromised by hepatitis let me get the links in a few min after I eat

Edit here:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11983124
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1679391
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2391610

Last edited:
graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
So, if one wanted to run a longer oral cycle, would monitoring the aforementioned values, CK, AST, ALT, be sufficient to signal a problem before damage is done? If so, at what intervals?

Get a baseline test 1st, another test in the middle and one a few weeks after the end. length would depend on the compound for 'relative safety' on your liver. Remember some people are prescribed, Var, Anadrol, halo..etc for extended periods of time but they also have life threatening conditions. Personally I don't see or used anything past 8 weeks, 6 weeks was\is my norm

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
[/U] Correct! Perhaps your thinking, well how about this drug? Nope!

The effects of Ursadiol on patients with primary biliary cirrhosis (these unfortunate patients develop "scaring" of the bile ducts which allows the bile to accumulate) while initially encouraging, because it DID improve transaminase levels, does NOT effect mortality!

Is the frequency of AAS associated liver disease any higher than that of alcohol, I suspect not. However what we do know FOR SURE is the longer someone drinks and the more extensive the exposure the greater the likelihood of developing evidence of hepatic injury as evidenced thru elevated transaminase enzyme levels.

More importantly much like the genetic basis for alcohol related cirrhosis, there are those whom appear predisposed to severe liver injury with CHRONIC AAS exposure (based on case reports) consequently the notion of running a continuous "multi drug oral cycle" especially absent periodic enzyme assays is asking for trouble and must be avoided.

However as CBS (who is this guy anyway?) mentioned the hepatic insult occurs (or may be identifiable by increased enzymes) after a latent period of several weeks. This occurrence is not at all unusual with most hepatic toxins and still provides enough time to discontinue AAS use once detected. As an aside, any significant increase of bilirubin above the precycle baseline warrants an IMMEDIATE cessation of the offending agent!!!

Finally as many VETS have already mentioned most of this discussion is much to do about nothing primarily because the liver is our toxic waste dump and has a truly REMARKABLE capacity to heal itself, which is just another reason why hepatic supplements only add cost to an already expensive endeavor.

Best
jim

Good stuff aand straight talk Dr Jim. Good to have a mind like yours here to pick

dr jim

dr jim

MuscleHead
Apr 7, 2014
Good stuff aand straight talk Dr Jim. Good to have a mind like yours here to pick[/QUOTE]

Compliments of that nature are the reason I'm here (the belief I'm helping others) esppecially when they come from someone as experienced, well versed and educated as yourself GM. So many thanks mate!!!

Best
jim

BiggerSwole

BiggerSwole

Apr 11, 2014
You mofos are too smart for your own good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic