CptnProton
What's New?

Online Flowers?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Traveling this week for work and want to send flowers for V-Day so I don't get my balls chopped off. The local florist sends it in deep @$100 for a dozen roses.
Anyone use an online place that is reliable and has nice flowers? Pro-flowers, 800-flowers, anything like that do a nice job?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Online places use local florists, u didnt know that?

All the online sites do is put up pics with prices then route the orders to a florist local to the delivery address....

ValeTudo8080

ValeTudo8080

VIP Member
Aug 31, 2011
i have tried both ways...local and proflowers.

if you use a local service they deliver and the flowers are all ready to go in the vase and presented nicely.

last time i used an online service the flowers were delivered in a box and my girl had to open it up and make the arrangement herself.....this was not a big deal to her but to some it would have ruined the surprise.

So i say go the local route unless your girl is cool and doesnt mind

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ok, so maybe you didn't read my post, lol

Local florist that delivers here charges $100 for a dozen roses on V-Day, which I find to be extreme. I was looking for another option since I will not be here to pick them up from other places that do not deliver.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

Local florist that delivers here charges $100 for a dozen roses on V-Day, which I find to be extreme. I was looking for another option since I will not be here to pick them up from other places that do not deliver.
You don’t have a single friend that would pick them up for you from a cheaper florist and drop them off on your doorstep?

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
You are paying a premium. On v-day and mothers day, you will pay a much higher price for this than any other time. They know they have you by the balls.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010

Your a highly paid executive, $100 is chump change.....

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Cheap bastard......................:D
Go local anyway and you will get quality plus one of your fellow Comptonites can always use the scratch:p

Seriously I used FTD and really paid too much in the past, local Mom and Pop brotha is the way to go

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Find the wholesaler or flower market in your area. Most will sell direct. Have someone pick them up for you and drop at your wife's door.

Or, do what I do and pick some dandelions

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I've used proflowers twice and both times the flowers ordered were very fresh. The only bad part is tt's shipped in a box and the person getting it has to arrange the flowers themselves.