Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

On the road again

P

PhiloBro

Jul 4, 2023
Howdy all! New to the community but not exactly inexperienced with the lifestyle. That being said any and all advice is welcome.

I’m making a huge move this next few days, 1200 miles and a long ass drive with my dog. Without going into too much detail it’s been the worst year of my life so far and I want to swing it around by competing in my first show. Prolly won’t make it this year, I completely fell out of touch with the gym after last December. But at the very least I’m getting back on track.

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Welcome to TID. Relatively quiet, older community that gets active when it needs to. Many experienced veterans (lifting and military), though I am not one of them. Past few years been tough for me, as well, and I also am making a big move in the next few months. I've just gotten to that point I need something different and to permanently get far away from 40+ years of local toxicity. Dogs, man. I'm not there yet, but I see myself getting another when I get where I'm going and settled... maybe two. Lot of life experience here, too... not just lifting.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Get your ass settled in, take a breathe and then slowly get back into the gym. 60-90 min in the gym 3x/wk is plenty at this point. Don't even think about getting on stage for awhile, just put your head down and go to work.

P

PhiloBro

Jul 4, 2023
Welcome to TID. Relatively quiet, older community that gets active when it needs to. Many experienced veterans (lifting and military), though I am not one of them. Past few years been tough for me, as well, and I also am making a big move in the next few months. I've just gotten to that point I need something different and to permanently get far away from 40+ years of local toxicity. Dogs, man. I'm not there yet, but I see myself getting another when I get where I'm going and settled... maybe two. Lot of life experience here, too... not just lifting.
I’ve been a lurker for quite some time. Definitely one of the more laid back forums I’ve come across. Honestly didn’t know that the military community was that strong here but it’s great to hear. I was Army myself but I don’t like advertising it. Me calling myself a veteran is akin to a clown calling themselves a comedian.

Definitely feel the need for escape/change of scenery. Getting out of toxic surroundings myself and the idea of getting distance from it is keeping me going.

Lol yeah in hindsight getting a dog was not the smartest move all things considered, I certainly didn’t expect I’d be making a move of this magnitude let alone trying to tote a puppy along. That being said he’s a godsend. By far the best dog I’ve ever had.

Attachments

• IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    91.6 KB · Views: 10
P

PhiloBro

Jul 4, 2023
Get your ass settled in, take a breathe and then slowly get back into the gym. 60-90 min in the gym 3x/wk is plenty at this point. Don't even think about getting on stage for awhile, just put your head down and go to work.
Damn straight. Honestly it’ll take a miracle just to get to Corpus Christi let alone trying to get up on stage before the end of the year. My initial plan is to drop all the slop I’ve put on the past six months while I plan my next cycle. Like ya said, 30-60 incrementally on incline treadmill, but I’ll probably go every morning for a month or two with calorie restriction and go from there.

Waste of a cycle and my health at this bf%.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
Damn straight. Honestly it’ll take a miracle just to get to Corpus Christi let alone trying to get up on stage before the end of the year. My initial plan is to drop all the slop I’ve put on the past six months while I plan my next cycle. Like ya said, 30-60 incrementally on incline treadmill, but I’ll probably go every morning for a month or two with calorie restriction and go from there.

Waste of a cycle and my health at this bf%.
If you get it in gear now you can be on stage in November or December but you are going to have to dedicate yourself. I'd start with 30 minutes fasted and 30 minuted post workout on the cardio, then bump to 40, then 60 by the end of the 2nd month. Doing this on a clean nutrition plan and you're on your way bro. Just reading this one post it seems you have enough knowledge to know you would be wasting $$ & gear doing a cycle at the moment. Give you props for that.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Nice to meet you, bro. Welcome to TID!!

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
P

PhiloBro

Jul 4, 2023
Just a quick post since I realized I haven’t been on in a minute. Hit the ground running with work, 8:30-9.

Significantly weaker than I’ve ever been in the gym since my first cycle couple years back. Took 7 months off so it’s to be expected, but it’s frustrating. I will say that I’ve been much more focused on mind-muscle connection and form now that I’m not trying to lift a stack on every machine so my pumps are still epic.

Been doing my usual PPL split with 30 minutes fasted and 30 minutes PW as @Friggemall suggested. Lost 30 pounds so far but the muffin top is still so goddamn embarrassing. Been wearing all my oversized shirts so I don’t feel like a total lazy fatass. Guesstimate BF% around 28-30%? Definitely not ready for a cycle yet. I’m hoping I’ll get there by next spring to compete in the summer.

I am currently planning my next cycle while I have some money before the semester starts. Thinking EQ and NPP. I’d go with Primo over EQ but it’s so damn expensive. Debating between NPP and Deca too since pinning ED/EOD is a pain.

Anyways, that’s all for now. Might post some progress pics soon

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic