Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

oldschools 'out' but not down!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
hey TID people! just a bit of bad news, for me anyway..lets see, my feet have been an ongoing problem for the last year or so, i chalked it up to years of warehousing..i waited until a month or so ago to when the pain got sooo bad i couldnt work with the agonizing pain anymore. at the doctors, while feeling my feet, i could feel no pain at all, just 'dull' pain, he pointed to the chart on the wall and said 'im going to guess its not your feet at all, its your L5..ok, this is starting to make sense,hobbling out of the gym, with normal(we know the feeling) gym aches that were not so normal..benching and my back arch was killing me? not right at all, but i was not listening to my body..a very rookie mistake on my part, but our drive usually consumes us and over rides common sense..blood work results in..the doctors office called my work on thursday and a coded message from the nurse(the doc knows im on aas) thickened blood( the second time ive heard that) and very hightened cholesterol...i have to go monday at 7:45 am to the doctor. thenk you pob for recommending the chiro, but this referred pain i should have mentioned to you(i can run, but i cant hide ;) )

i will keep my brothers and sisters updated, until then, lift well and listen to your body, never second guess a doctors visit(i didnt get his last blood work order done) take care of your body, you younger lifters need to understand we are not indestructable( boozing, fighting, etc will take its toll, not now maybe, but years away)..

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
amen to paying attention to your body and not ignoring the signs. As we get older I really think prevention is more an issue than the actuall training itself . My younger training partners give me shit when I say I am taking two weeks off. In my mind though it has to be done. I aint ni spring chicken and my cns gets fried quickly if I keep going I end up injured .

Go donate blood old school and that will help you a bit with the thickened blood.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Sorry your not feeling great OS, definitely a good call going to the doc. I hope the chiro can give you some relief.

RR, I'm with you my CNS gets punished with the heavy work and worse with the PL gear on. I do the off time as stuff doesn't feel right and still go in and work the days that aren't effected by the ailment. Great call on the blood donation, I need to do some of that but I have been told I can't donate because of all the places I've been and the things I've had to take along the way.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I agree with you RR, i donate regulary myself. I wish more people in the game would do so as well.

Good luck oldschool, take care of that body, we only get one lol.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Getting injured it all part of the game when you're training for strength. We try to work around it as best we can but sometimes it's best to just take a step back and take some time off the gym.

Excessiveone

Excessiveone

MuscleHead
Apr 6, 2012
Was just wondering yesterday where you were, looked through your log noticed there was a bit of a gap.
Start reading up on what the doctor tells you to prepare your comeback.
You'll come back stronger, that's just what we do!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Was just wondering yesterday where you were, looked through your log noticed there was a bit of a gap.
Start reading up on what the doctor tells you to prepare your comeback.
You'll come back stronger, that's just what we do!

thanks for your encouragement brother!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Getting injured it all part of the game when you're training for strength. We try to work around it as best we can but sometimes it's best to just take a step back and take some time off the gym.

very sound words BI...thanks bro!!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
I agree with you RR, i donate regulary myself. I wish more people in the game would do so as well.

Good luck oldschool, take care of that body, we only get one lol.

thanks raiden! yup...one time around!

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Sorry your not feeling great OS, definitely a good call going to the doc. I hope the chiro can give you some relief.

RR, I'm with you my CNS gets punished with the heavy work and worse with the PL gear on. I do the off time as stuff doesn't feel right and still go in and work the days that aren't effected by the ailment. Great call on the blood donation, I need to do some of that but I have been told I can't donate because of all the places I've been and the things I've had to take along the way.

thank you brother halo and mrs rottenrogue!1

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic