Dragon_Kitty
What's New?

Old Stock Certificates

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So my mother was cleaning up and found a shoe box full of old stock certificates from my great uncle, mostly from the 1970's. Is there a good site to research these that anyone knows of so I am not scouring the internet looking to see who may have acquired these companies and if I am a billionaire or not?

I also have some stock certificates, IBM from when I was a kid, how do you actually cash in a paper stock certificate? Crazy old Italian's needed to have the actual paper stock certificates so no one could rob them!

***note*** if I am a billionaire, I will no longer be speaking to 90% of you, this means you RAIDEN.....

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Call up IBM, they will direct u to the right department.....The stock price is what it is, determining if your a billionaire or not depends on how many paper shares u have on hand. Just make sure Schultz doesnt use the paper stocks for toliet paper.....

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Ha, I know how to find IBM, it was the other 20 random stocks I have never heard of. I see one was an aircraft company, oil and gas, mining, energy, international marine shipping etc....
I assume some were acquired while some most likely went under in the last 30+ years.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
U can take them to your bank and have them figure it out if its multiple companies......

Warrior45

Warrior45

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 9, 2012
hasn't IBM split like 15 times since you were a kid?

I hear ya on the old Italians having to keep the paper stock certificates! You never know where you will find something of value when a loved one passes. I found a random hole in the ceiling tile of the laundry room so I decided to stick my hand up there and check feel around. Found 1000 bucks worth of 20s all printed in 1988 lol.

(commence the reaching into the old dirty hole jokes)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
U can take them to your bank and have them figure it out if its multiple companies......

^^^Boom. Do this. Much easier. A lot of banks have personal banking reps that are there for exactly this kind of help.

Oil and gas are still down a lot right now, and a ton of companies went under during the last couple recessions since the 70s, so some of those might actually be worth nothing.

I am very curious (and excited!) to hear the results though!

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Dude that's a pretty awesome treasure find.... Interested to hear how you make out and if anything is worth loot

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Based upon the present laws and as much sexual abuse as I have endured in your hands, I presume I will have a claim in this fortune and will be instructing my attorneys to be contacting you Shortly.\:D/

Some of them even if the companies no longer exist may have value to collectors, I have seen them for sale before on Ebay etc....
The IBM surely should be something good,

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Based upon the present laws and as much sexual abuse as I have endured in your hands, I presume I will have a claim in this fortune and will be instructing my attorneys to be contacting you Shortly.\:D/

Some of them even if the companies no longer exist may have value to collectors, I have seen them for sale before on Ebay etc....
You should get at least 1 share per buttrape incident

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
So my mother was cleaning up and found a shoe box full of old stock certificates from my great uncle, mostly from the 1970's. Is there a good site to research these that anyone knows of so I am not scouring the internet looking to see who may have acquired these companies and if I am a billionaire or not?

I also have some stock certificates, IBM from when I was a kid, how do you actually cash in a paper stock certificate? Crazy old Italian's needed to have the actual paper stock certificates so no one could rob them!

***note*** if I am a billionaire, I will no longer be speaking to 90% of you, this means you RAIDEN.....

I'm crushed :(

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010

The IBM one's are really nice, I have 8 in my safe and was thinking of framing one for my office. Need to grab the rest from my mother and see what she has. I tracked down 1 company, not a ton of value, but it's still around.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
The IBM one's are really nice, I have 8 in my safe and was thinking of framing one for my office. Need to grab the rest from my mother and see what she has. I tracked down 1 company, not a ton of value, but it's still around.

I have a feeling you're gonna make a fortune on the IBM ones. So where's the new found money going to LK? New car??

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic