Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Novice/Newbie looking for help

jhopper37

jhopper37

Nov 4, 2022
Hey hey!

So I live in a very rural area in NW Tennessee. My resources are limited when it comes to this topic. So I am hoping you all can help me out.

I'm 37 and currently 5ft 9.5 in tall and 246lbs, two months ago I had an IFBB pro caliper my body fat and was right at 14.5%. A little leaner now.

I am blessed with the fact that it's very easy for me to put on weight and gain muscle. Never been an issue.

I'm looking to compete in my first show in April 2023.

Seeing how I am six months out, would you all recommend I continue to put some more mass/size on... put a minimal amount of size on while cutting some.

or just focus on cutting more weight right now?

I also naturally hold more water than the average joe. I was a Marine for 10.5 years and could manipulate my water weight to make weigh-ins every time. The most I have ever lost in 48 hours is around 12 pounds.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also, any online source (even if I have to pay) that would assist me with my prep, diet, and workouts?

100% new to bodybuilding... so go easy on me. n. I have been told countless times I have the perfect frame and body to compete if I can dial thingS. We moved to rural NW TN and I'm bored out of my mind and going nuts... so trying to keep mentally sane by focusing on this.

Thanks gents.

The Angry Chihuahua

The Angry Chihuahua

Nov 12, 2022
Hey hey!

So I live in a very rural area in NW Tennessee. My resources are limited when it comes to this topic. So I am hoping you all can help me out.

I'm 37 and currently 5ft 9.5 in tall and 246lbs, two months ago I had an IFBB pro caliper my body fat and was right at 14.5%. A little leaner now.

I am blessed with the fact that it's very easy for me to put on weight and gain muscle. Never been an issue.

I'm looking to compete in my first show in April 2023.

Seeing how I am six months out, would you all recommend I continue to put some more mass/size on... put a minimal amount of size on while cutting some.

or just focus on cutting more weight right now?

I also naturally hold more water than the average joe. I was a Marine for 10.5 years and could manipulate my water weight to make weigh-ins every time. The most I have ever lost in 48 hours is around 12 pounds.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Also, any online source (even if I have to pay) that would assist me with my prep, diet, and workouts?

100% new to bodybuilding... so go easy on me. n. I have been told countless times I have the perfect frame and body to compete if I can dial thingS. We moved to rural NW TN and I'm bored out of my mind and going nuts... so trying to keep mentally sane by focusing on this.

Thanks gents.
I am no expert. I have only done two shows myself. If I were you, I would focus on cutting. Before my last show, I did not dial it in as much as I should have, and I did not bring my A game. A little extra cardio a few weeks before does not solve my problems. I really need to be on point with my macros for a prolonged period ahead of time. Just my observations of my own journey. I am cheering for you! Crush it!

gbagh

gbagh

VIP Member
Dec 2, 2022
I have no problems helping you out. I have never done a show, but I can tell you that I have been a 300+ pound fat ass and I have been a ripped and shredded 222 pounds. Right now I am sitting at 234 pounds with veins in my chest, arms, delts, calves and quads. I don't know what my BF% is, but its pretty good. LOL.

The only way I cut is keto. If thats not your thing, I won't be of any help to you LOL.

If your show is in April, I would probably start cutting in January. So, take the holiday season, enjoy your eating, add more size, and then come January start getting after it with the cutting. If you are in the 12% area now, you shouldn't need more than 12-16 weeks to come down into contest shape.

C

cbb77

Jul 20, 2023

I cant go keto as i have 50% kidney function. I tried my first cut from my maintenance of around 2250kcal to 1750kcal and my body refused to lose any weight or fat despite hard graft for 12 weeks. I'm 5ft 2 tall and arounc 57 kilo BW. I do a 6 day split. 3 on, 1 rest and repeat. I lift more than 100 tonne per week but my body refuses to budge. Someone told me I'm not eating ENOUGH during my cut? I do 12000 steps per day plus one 45 minute spin class per week. Do you have any suggestions please? My body fat is currently 22.1% (only around my middle). Everywhere else, i'm around 10% bodyfat??? I just don't get what I'm doing wrong.
I have no problems helping you out. I have never done a show, but I can tell you that I have been a 300+ pound fat ass and I have been a ripped and shredded 222 pounds. Right now I am sitting at 234 pounds with veins in my chest, arms, delts, calves and quads. I don't know what my BF% is, but its pretty good. LOL.

The only way I cut is keto. If thats not your thing, I won't be of any help to you LOL.

If your show is in April, I would probably start cutting in January. So, take the holiday season, enjoy your eating, add more size, and then come January start getting after it with the cutting. If you are in the 12% area now, you shouldn't need more than 12-16 weeks to come down into contest shape.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic