Latest Member
Remy14
What's New?

Not injecting deep enough into the muscle

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I have only pinned bi, tri, delt, glute and quad and I always found that except for delts the deeper I went the less soreness or pain. Delts always sucked cause i was kinda contorted I guess. Bi and tri done with 27g 5/8th and everything else 25g 1in.

E

etul86

May 9, 2011
The only inject issue i've had was trying to pin VG's. Apparently i missed and got a bad bruise there. That's it...... Can't say whether it was because of injection depth or not.

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
I had part of a delt shot go subcutaneous and I had a weird blister type lump that took about a week to clear up...

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
As a pinning noob I've only done glutes... use 1.5" and never have issue. However, on this topic, tomorrow I'm gonna go quads... how far in, 1 inch good?

Personally, I won't touch my quads anymore. I think alot of other vets will agree here. There are just too many nerves, blood vessels etc. Any bed injection I've ever had was quads.

I usually rotate through delts, glutes, and ventro glutes. That gives me 6 days before pinning the same spot again while i'm pinning ED.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Personally, I won't touch my quads anymore. I think alot of other vets will agree here. There are just too many nerves, blood vessels etc. Any bed injection I've ever had was quads.

I usually rotate through delts, glutes, and ventro glutes. That gives me 6 days before pinning the same spot again while i'm pinning ED.

I agree. I don't hit my ventro-glutes anymore either. I only have had one successful injection out of 4 I think. Also I have noticed that although I have big delts, if I inject with anything smaller than 1" I always hit a blood vessel.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Once I made the mistake to inject 1,5cc's of test e in my left delt. The result was a pretty nasty-zit looking lump which I had for several weeks. There were also a couple times that I accidentally injected oil into a vein (although I had aspirated and no blood came up) and it was terrible.

My heart started racing, I felt very light headed and dizzy and I had a terrible burning sensation in my lungs. I was also shaking and literally felt like I am going to die any minute soon.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
100mg QV Winny (real) 1 inch pin + my first shot in my glute = took almost 2 weeks to disburse that bitch.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Just a few weeks ago, injected the delt, used my normal 25 5/8 for that spot, but the injection was burning the whole time I was pushing the oil in. I let the pressure equalize for 30 seconds, or so I thought, pulled the pin out, lost about a ml, before I got the pressure on the spot. About an hour later the spot was still burning and I was starting to get a welt, so I grabbed a sterile syringe and needles, shoved it into the injection spot and drained about a ml of oil, and about ml or so of blood that had pooled in the area. Washed and cleaned the area, then put alcohol on the spot and was happy when I woke up the next day with a normal looking deltoid.
From my experiance anytime i get a burn feeling..its usely because i hit a vein...if u would have pullout and restuck it wouldnt been any problems....It had nothing to do with the size of the dart..dw

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Once I made the mistake to inject 1,5cc's of test e in my left delt. The result was a pretty nasty-zit looking lump which I had for several weeks. There were also a couple times that I accidentally injected oil into a vein (although I had aspirated and no blood came up) and it was terrible.

My heart started racing, I felt very light headed and dizzy and I had a terrible burning sensation in my lungs. I was also shaking and literally felt like I am going to die any minute soon.

haha! One time I did this and was coughing so hard I was seeing stars.

BlueDevil

BlueDevil

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
I've always used only 1/12 inch pins, even on delts. I prefer the bonus be deep in the tissue, plus the z-track, combined you get less leakage, more absorption, and fewer issues.

I use 1" on everything but glutes and at that time I had just run out of 1.5" and was just lazy.

As a pinning noob I've only done glutes... use 1.5" and never have issue. However, on this topic, tomorrow I'm gonna go quads... how far in, 1 inch good?

Yes.

I use quads sometimes just out of convenience. They aren't my favorite place to inject, but they darn sure are the easiest. All I use are glutes, delts and quads and quads are the only one that doesn't require me to contort my body in some weird way.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic