Latest Member
Rolanalon

Not beer, but…

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Git this for me and fam for Fri night (Christmas Eve)

0670d85263312c7b30551f20f533d954.jpg

Voyage 24 Ship’s Log

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Decent bottle, not worth the price imo. The whole aged at sea gimmic tastes the same as aged in a warehouse lol

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Yea I bought (literally) hook, line and sinker, pun intended.

No proof it was aged at sea, but oh well.

I also been making some large ice cubes (squares and balls). So we can do this thing properly. My fam has been doing a bourbon/whiskey tasting now every so often and it is fun to try different ones.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's a good bourbon, but I don't think it's a whole lot better than the Jefferson Reserve. The schtick with it being ocean aged is that the movement of the barrel at sea causes the aging process to accelerate, as the bourbon is moving within the barrel due to the boat movement as well as due to the changes in temperature, etc. So a 5 year aging process is supposed to give you more like an 8 year age. Who knows...

I'm always amazed at the prices some people are willing to spend for bourbon, or wine, or whatever. I think the Legent bourbon is excellent at its price point, as is the Knob Creek. If I want a treat, I'll buy the Booker's, but it's at a price point that makes it a special occasion bourbon.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Yea I bought (literally) hook, line and sinker, pun intended.

No proof it was aged at sea, but oh well.

I also been making some large ice cubes (squares and balls). So we can do this thing properly. My fam has been doing a bourbon/whiskey tasting now every so often and it is fun to try different ones.
@FlyingDragon tells me the balls taste better, I'm sticking with square...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic