Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Nights

SocioMachiavelli

SocioMachiavelli

May 30, 2018
So I am working tonight, obviously I am going to be eating throughout the day and having a 2 hour nap before going to work tonight.

Diet wise what would I do tonight? Keep eating at 3 hourly intervals or just fast (I'm cutting) until I wake up tomorrow?

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
I eat at regular intervals anytime I'm awake. From 12hr 'normal' shifts to 36hr death spirals...

SocioMachiavelli

SocioMachiavelli

May 30, 2018
Looks like I best get cooking, thanks for the response

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Usually on the night shifts I’ll have a shake, then be eating eggs and potatoes for my meals.

It’s harder to get meals down, don’t expect to be hungry much.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
So I am working tonight, obviously I am going to be eating throughout the day and having a 2 hour nap before going to work tonight.

Diet wise what would I do tonight? Keep eating at 3 hourly intervals or just fast (I'm cutting) until I wake up tomorrow?

Just get the amount of cals in to avg out to what you are looking to intake.

If you are trying to gain weight, then figure out where you need to be calorie wise. If you are dropping, by all means, using it as a mini-fast will be effective too.

At the end of the day/week/month.....it is all energy balance. Does not matter if it comes in eating every 2-3 hours, or ever 12. Although there is some evidence and more and more every day about the benefits of eating less often with periods of time in-between. The IF route may not be practical if you are trying to eat a surplus though. It makes eating all that food in a short time though. BUT in a deficit I have found it GREAT!

W

Worthersee

Aug 27, 2018

That's ok to eat at night if you're working. But if you will not eat catabolism can destroy your muscles

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic