Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

NFL hammers Saints for bounties

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
If you play with the intent to take people out, you have admitted you are a second rate team only capable of winning by taking out key players of the opposing team. It would be really shitty if someone was paralyzed over a stupid bounty.

The key is whether guys were trying to hurt guys or actually injure them. I believe it was the former, not the latter.

Smashing someone on d is doing your job. Trying to injure someone is not....and I don't believe that's what they were trying to do.

Go after the dirty hits and intent to injure...otherwise quit being fucking pussies. I never had the opportunity to play football but I playe hockeybto a decent level. The same shit is going on there.

Why can't we admit this is a contact sport equipped with risk and hazards. If we want do deal in these absolutes... Then make it non contact and we can all watch fucking soccer....fuck.

The issue is not th bounty for a big hit, the issue is were saints players trying to injure other players or were they trying to hurt them. If it is the latter, which I believe it was then all this is kind of silly.

Can anyone tell me why we think we can play contact sports and not have injuries...really if we strip it away this is what it comes down too. Nothing more. I hope that anyone whom has played these sports understands what I am saying. I am not advocating paying guys to injure other guys but incenyptives to do your job and punish the other team? I am all for that. These guys don't want to injure each other..... Look at LT's hit on theismann...he was a dirty fuck and look at his reaction once he knew the leg was fucked.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Saying that... I understand bounties ar against the rules so the saints do deserve punishment but fuck me.....arrrrgggggghhhhh well I hope you see what I mean.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
The big thing for me is that I don't think anyone really changes how they play bounty or not they are trying to be the most effective player and will play the way they play regardless. I couldn't skate for shit so hockey wasn't an option.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
My first impression was that they were trying to injure the opposing team members. tackling someone to tackle them is completely different than hitting to injure. It's cheesy like when kerrigan got her knee whacked in the olympics(I can't beat her so I'll take her out)

I think the coach got off easy if he was in support of the bounties. I'm all for contact sports but it doesn't have to be rollerball tactics out there.

Last edited:
ItalianMuscle

ItalianMuscle

Drama Queen senior Vip
Sep 1, 2010
They better suspend all the players involved in these bounties as well. Why are the coaches, the only ones taking the fines/punishments? I think the penalties to the saints werent harsh enough. I mean, you have players trying to hurt quarterbacks and take them out of games for good. Can you imagine if someone would have took brett favre or cam newton out permanately? They would have a huge ass lawsuit against the saints and the NFL..

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
My first impression was that they were trying to injure the opposing team members. tackling someone to tackle them is completely different than hitting to injure. It's cheesy like when kerrigan got her knee whacked in the olympics(I can't beat her so I'll take her out)

I think the coach got off easy if he was in support of the bounties. I'm all for contact sports but it doesn't have to be rollerball tactics out there.

Rollerball FTW

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic