Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

New Member here - Just got back from Afghanistan

S

SGT T

Dec 12, 2011
Im a new member here, obviously.

I just got back from a long year in Afghanistan. I haven't been able to lift much in the last 3 years because I have been deployed 2 years out of the 3. Some guys have the time to work out alot, but I didn't. I stayed busy and was always out on mission. I barely had time to eat let alone work out.

I used to lift regularly. I have done 3 cycles in my time, nothing serious. It was mostly to get to a comfortable level for me, and once I got there, i was satisfied. Since I have lost most of what i had, and my goals have changed, im trying to change my training. I do a lot of long-distance stuff. I crew aircraft, so i fly as well. I need alot of stamina and endurance, but I want to do some good strength training.

I was literally about to buy from world-pharma, but I read a big slam about them on here by someone who seemed really reputable, So I didn't order.

Now im let down. I thought I had found something that seemed legit, but sources are always tricky. Hard to find reputable ones unless you have an "in", and those aren't easy to come by.

Anyway, glad to be here. Hope to get alot out of the site.

Thanks,

SGT T

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Welcome to the board. You will fit right in here.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
welcome and thank you for serving.
stick around and we will be happy to help out along the way

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
hi SGT T. welcome to the iron den. we are most pleased to have you join us. thank you for serving our country and keeping me safe. :)

Jersey Steel

Jersey Steel

Dec 6, 2011
Hello from New Jersey,

The limited choices of food they have you eat. Welcome back

S

SGT T

Dec 12, 2011
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I hope to get some good info on here, especially in the way of non-traditional training techniques. We have a wealth of resources for this kind of thing in the military but its always good to get more info from the SME's.

Jersey steel-- the food they have us eat us actually pretty good and healthy. The army and air force started an initiative to "not just feed service members, but FUEL them". We had a huge spread. Unfortunately, guys like me with short time for meals end up eating MRE's with 10,000 calories a pop and or quick sandwiches, honey buns, or whatever else you can throw in an assault pack.

Since i'm home, i'm actually losing weight, which is great.

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Welcome to the Iron Den. Thanks for joining and thank you for your service!
-CC-

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Thank you very much for your service, time and dedication you put in. Thanks for Joining, Welcome to TID

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic