Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Netherlands (Holland - Amsterdam) or England (London)?

Pick my final destinstion?

• London

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Amsterdam - Holland

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Not sure, cannot comprehend

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Only thing I will say with regards to my time in Amsterdam is the number of people who have told me how expensive it is to live there, the high tax and health insurance and they expect you to learn a language that is only ever of any use in that tiny country called Holland or if you want to become amish.

mountain monster

mountain monster

Dec 16, 2011
I just returned from a 3 week stay in North Holland but visited Amsterdam a few times. If you into dugs and hookers of course Amsterdam would be appealing but the atmosphere wouldn't be my first place to settle down, just vacation possibly or in my case business trips. I will say North Holland however was very nice and despite the arrogant rumors all that I interacted with were very helpful and fairly polite. The cost of living I from what my friends there told me is much higher than surrounding countries. Especially land prices and to build or but a home. I have on visited with for business but often for long durations and to permanently live I would choose London.

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
Why London/Amsterdam? If you have money to spend Spain is in the financial shit (still) and can is a good time to buy pretty much anything for investment....not to mention topless sunbathing is the norm if you're looking for some views.

Cosmokramer

Cosmokramer

MuscleHead
May 6, 2013
Why London/Amsterdam? If you have money to spend Spain is in the financial shit (still) and can is a good time to buy pretty much anything for investment....not to mention topless sunbathing is the norm if you're looking for some views.

Your avatar is going to throw me into a seizure!

zeevolution

zeevolution

Sep 29, 2013
Spain would be nice. like barcona? but exactly that. country is going down hill. jobs are rare opportunities.

unless I start cooking ;)

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I really don't want to live in either of those 2 places. Cold, damp, cloudy... ect, nope, I'd pick Spain or Italy before either of those 2.

zeevolution

zeevolution

Sep 29, 2013
isn't Spain broke? lacking jobs? what cities in Spain would you prefer?

Stumpy

Stumpy

Olé, Olé, Olé VIP
Sep 29, 2010
isn't Spain broke? lacking jobs? what cities in Spain would you prefer?

Yes, good time to buy property............even the fact that Spain has financially crippled me, if I had a good wad of cash this is where I'd be now as people with money to invest are going to make some serious return when things level out. Anywhere south in Spain is completely fkd and probably will be for years, Barcelona (Cataluña) is going through too many problems with wanting interdependency from Spain. Madrid is still the preferable place to invest over here.......and did I mention topless sunbathing on the beach?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic