Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Neck & back pain

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I have had my neck fused at levels c-5 c-6 c-7. I went off my pain meds about a week ago and the burning in between my shoulder blades is out of control. Does anyone else on here have a fused neck or this type of burning? I've been dealing with this for so long and have tried so many things but I'm sure there is a ton I haven't. Any suggestions or any similar stories please let me know.

GreatGunz

GreatGunz

VIP
Jun 10, 2011
You pain meds being vicodin or oxycodone?
My wife has a ruptured lumbar disk and had moderate relief
While using Vicodin ........Now she is using gabipentin(neuroten)
That treats nerve pain...... It is the difference between night
and day in her discomfort

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I was on oxy and I've tried neurotin 2 different times now. I'm glad to hear that she gets relief from it. I was on pretty high dose of it. I think my problem is that I let go so long I caused way to much nerve damage.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ever see a chiro or try a more "holistic" approach?

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Right now I just started seeing a guy who does muscular therapy active release techniques. I haven't tried acupuncture yet I think that's my next step. I'm also looking at getting basically a tens unit put on my spine but that's a surgery. I just really don't want to take meds I'm 38 and there is no future doing that for me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Right now I just started seeing a guy who does muscular therapy active release techniques. I haven't tried acupuncture yet I think that's my next step. I'm also looking at getting basically a tens unit put on my spine but that's a surgery. I just really don't want to take meds I'm 38 and there is no future doing that for me.

Yeah the pills aren't going to cut it. Why I asked bro. I think your best bet is to explore it all. Try acupuncture, give the ART time to work etc...

Keep this updated with what you're doing.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I will POB thanks I've had it all. I bet I've had over 40 injections nerve blocks 2 surgeries. Now like you said its time to explore all options.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Just had my second treatment on the muscle release therapy and I must say I'm very impressed. I've been through every massage physical therapy and it hasn't worked. Before this morning I was in a lot of pain and now I feel great so far I would highly recommend this to anyone with neck back or shoulder problems. I will keep updating as I'm treated

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Glad to hear braw. You get insurance coverage for this? I hope so.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
No insurance coverage for it but he is fair on price. $55 a hour $25 for half. I'll gladly pay if I don't have to take meds or have a surgery. It's early and I still have a leg day today so I'll post later about how I feel.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
Skipped legs but went to the gym did some ab work and cardio. My back still feels great but tomorrow is leg day I just didn't have the time today.

Braw16

Braw16

MuscleHead
Aug 8, 2012
I just wanted to update on how it's going with my back treatments. I have been off all pain meds for 2 weeks now and I just saw him for the third time and I couldn't be happier. I have tried so many other things to control this and he is doing a great job. I would recommend to anyone who has problems with muscles knotting up or strains or burning to check out this active muscle release therapy.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic