What's New?

'MyFitnessPal'

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
The-Best-Apps-and-Sites_MyFitnessPal.jpg
  • MyFitnessPal is Absolutely Free
  • Comes with a barcode scanner to quickly enter in your calories
  • Eating out? No problem...has hundreds of food and their nutrition information ready to be searched and saved
  • Georgia recommends it
I've always described myself as a 'hard gainer'. Always used that excuse as the reason I couldn't get big or put on weight. No more. After using this app I've put on 10 pounds in the last couple of weeks with ease. It tracks everything you eat in a snap. Scan your protein shake and enter in how many servings you had and it stores it.

If you're trying to lose weight, gain weight, maintain weight and struggle doing so...it's because you're not eating right and/or counting your calories. Get this app or go to Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com and sign up. Just trying to help you out!

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Most people have no clue how much they should be eating for their goals...these handy apps make it much easier to see where you are going :)

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
i have used this app in the past. i was amazed at how they have every brand and food listed, even generic brands. the only thing i didnt like about it was that it didnt keep track of your complete macro breakdown throughout the day, just calories. but overall a great app for those that need help keeping track

69nites

69nites

VIP Member
Aug 17, 2011
i have used this app in the past. i was amazed at how they have every brand and food listed, even generic brands. the only thing i didnt like about it was that it didnt keep track of your complete macro breakdown throughout the day, just calories. but overall a great app for those that need help keeping track

It tracks your macros. I like my notebook.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
This sounded pretty cool so i plugged in all the foods I eat in my day, well first of all it said i only needed 105g protein to get to my goal (200lbs) when im at 185 right now lol.. and it said in 5 weeks if i keep eating 220g protein ill get to 190, i eat over 250g, n i barely put on any size :s

Last edited:
Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012

It keeps track of your protein and carbs too. If you go onto the website it gives you a more detailed listing.

This sounded pretty cool so i plugged in all the foods I eat in my day, well first of all it said i only needed 105g protein to get to my goal (200lbs) when im at 185 right now lol.. and it said in 5 weeks if i keep eating 220g protein ill get to 190, i eat over 250g, n i barely put on any size :s

All that is just "recommended"...I always eat over the suggested amount. It's not the protein you should be looking at...it's the calories (protein IS a calorie...but look at overall calories). Eat over your maintenance by about 400-500 calories a day...and you will gain weight no doubt. Throw some carbs in there to get over your calorie goal. Brown rice, bagel, etc. If you need any help with a meal plan I can structure you one

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Just a note you can change the goal calories and macros in mfp so you're not eating 1200 calories a day and 80g of protein like it thinks I should lol

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
Definitely. You can change it to put how many calories you want to eat, etc. Good tip Dangerous. Forgot about that

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Been using Myfitnesspal over a year.

I actually like using it on my computer better then my phone.

I plan my food ahead of time and rarely do not know what I am eating for the day.

I also like how easy it is to create custom foods...etc.

I have a whole database of what just about any of my regular foods weigh after cooking, so I can pre-cook a bunch of stuff and just weigh it out for portions.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I've been using a different app for about 3 years but I may check this one out. Thanks Georgia.

Georgia

Georgia

Mar 31, 2012
I've been using a different app for about 3 years but I may check this one out. Thanks Georgia.

No problem brother. I just discovered it myself and thought "Why be greedy?" lol

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Just a word of caution...and just like many food logging software, much of the database is junk data. The barcode scan feature has always come up with good accuracy....but data for basics is all off. (meats, vegetables....etc...most are waaay off). Just create custom foods, or when you find the ones you like, "save as meal", that way you can always find them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic